Scott Stapp versus 311

Balta1701

Link. Personally, I'm more primed to believe 311's version of the story, because how the Hell could someone actually make up a guy coming up to you and saying "311, I am ready to fight." Hell, I'll believe that version just because it's funnier.

Former Creed lead singer Scott Stapp and members of the band 311 were involved in a fight on Thanksgiving in the lounge of a luxury hotel, according to hotel security staff and 311 members.

311 were in Baltimore for a weekend concert when several members ran into Stapp earlier that day, band drummer Chad Sexton told The Associated Press. Both Stapp and 311 have the same producer, and Sexton said there were no problems during the first meeting.

But Stapp later came into the Harbor Court Hotel bar while Sexton and bandmates SA Martinez and P-Nut were watching basketball on television. He stepped in front of the screen and said, "311, I am ready to fight," according to Sexton.

Sexton said the band tried to defuse the situation, and Stapp went to the bar to drink. Later, he made "inappropriate" comments to Martinez's wife, and was confrontational with Sexton.

"All of a sudden, he clocked me in the left side of my face," Sexton said. "Then a huge fight broke out."

During the melee, Martinez broke a finger and later went to the hospital to have a cast put on his hand. Security guards eventually broke up the brawl. Police were called, but no arrests were made, according to hotel security.

"It was an unfortunate incident," Sexton said. "We are not brawlers."

Beth Keifetz, vice president of publicity at Stapp's label, Wind-up Records, wouldn't comment on the reports of a fight.

But Jonathan Jordan, director of security at the hotel, said the incident was captured on security cameras. He said Stapp was "attacked" by several members of 311 and that it took two security guards to break up the fight.

"It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said.

love creed, hate stapp & like 311. by reading the story, especially the last three lines, it looks like either 311 isn't completely truthful or there was another incident that isn't being reported which helped to cause or provoked the fight that is being reported. if someone you previously had no problems with walks up to you in a bar and says he wants to fight you chalk it up to him being drunk or whatever and get hotel staff, security, etc. to take care of him, you don't just jump up and oblige him. not saying 311 is at fault or even stapp is at fault, just saying there's most likely more to the story...

The other morning Howard Stern was talking about Stapp and relayed a story in which Stapp appeared on his girlsfriend's 'show'. (That movie/gambling show on USA or FX i'm not sure).

Anyways..Howard said his girlfriend came home and was visibly upset. She said Stapp was on her show..showed up drunk...was abusive to her at the beginning and got 'touchy-feely' as the day went on. The show eventually booted his sorry ass out and they finished the show without him.

i chuckled at that story as Howard said there was more to it but he promised his girlfriend not to say anything on the air. then later on i hear about the latest incident. He seems like a prick who can't face the fact that he was a faceless member in a faceless band that probably couldn't be picked out of a crowd by most of his fans.

Stapp needs help. cause it seems that :drink + :drink + :cheers = :fight :finger .

Get help or go away.....maybe do both

Edited by juddling