"Red Carpet" DVD premier at Arie Crown

SpringfieldFan

It was a good video, and I can't complain too much about it. They did focus a little too much on the crosstown series, although there were some good jabs at the northsiders. I was disappointed they didn't feature Jenks until the playoff highlights, and didn't feature McCarthy at all.

The event was nice too. The audience was appropriately rowdy, even going so far as shouting for the emcee to remove his cubbie-blue colored tie. Also, I could almost smell the estrogen in the crowd when the Podsednik snippets were shown. Even "light up guy" (the dude with the neon light tube outfit) was there and my daughter loved that, lol.

Certainly worth the 200 mile drive.

SFF

Just another note on the bonus features: I know some around here were hoping for the the opening intro video with the Pirates of the Caribbean theme. Well, you get half of that. They changed the song based probably on, as suspected, copyright issues. Still pretty cool. The parade coverage was pretty sweet too!

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
Just another note on the bonus features:  I know some around here were hoping for the the opening intro video with the Pirates of the Caribbean theme.  Well, you get half of that.  They changed the song based probably on, as suspected, copyright issues.  Still pretty cool.  The parade coverage was pretty sweet too!

They had Thunderstruck on there...seems weird that they didn't get the Pirates of the Caribbean song...does that have to do with it being in a movie? :huh