It's official

KevHead0881

What we all expected was finally acknowledged by Kenny and Ozzie:

Final hurt: Thomas' last day as Sox

Some interesting comments by Frank. Hopefully he understands its business and doesn't hold it against the franchise. I expect him to be back in the organization in some capacity when his career is over.

Best of luck to him. He will be missed. :crying

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
This really isn't news.

Expect Frank to the A's in the next few days.

Thread already started in Trade Winds.

Of course it isn't news. Just the first time its been acknowledged by KW and Ozzie. Move it or kill it if you like. No biggie.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
Of course it isn't news.  Just the first time its been acknowledged by KW and Ozzie.  Move it or kill it if you like.  No biggie.

I wasn't directing it at you specifically, really towards the Trib.

It deserves to stay, although everyone knew it was coming.

Thanx Frank! Enjoy your ring....its a business and he at least got one ring out of the org...for him to say those words is understandable but after all this year has shown we cannot risk any deals that could blow up...him getting hurt right after he came back probably lit a light in KW and the Sox org mind....I agree with the move although it hurts as a fan.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 05:48 AM)
My prediction:

Frank Will hit 25 Hrs the next 2 years. Come back in 2008 with the white sox and Hit # 500. He will retire after 2008.

That is a nice thought, but that is not going to happen. If KW wouldn't sign him now, then there is no way he going to sign him 2 years from now, unless he wants to do the sign and retire thing like others have done.

Sox declined arbitration on Hurt, Everett & Casanova today:

Yep, Raul Casanova. :crying

White Sox decline to offer arbitration to free agents

CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have declined to offer salary arbitration to free agents Raul Casanova, Carl Everett and Frank Thomas.

Casanova, 33, hit .265 (62-233) with 13 home runs and 42 RBI in 70 games with Class AAA Charlotte last season. He appeared in six games with the White Sox in 2005, going 1-5 (.200).

Everett, 34, batted .251 (123-490) with 23 home runs and 87 RBI with the Sox in 2005. He ranked second on the club in RBI and third in home runs. Everett, a switch-hitter, is a career .277 (1,234-4,501) hitter with 191 home runs and 759 RBI over 13 major-league seasons.

Thomas, 37, hit .219 (23-105) with 12 home runs and 26 RBI in 34 games with the White Sox. He opened the season on the disabled list while recovering from offseason surgery on his left ankle. Thomas made his season debut on May 31 but was placed on the disabled list again on July 21 with a second fracture in the left ankle and missed the rest of the season.

Thomas, the White Sox all-time leader in virtually every offensive category, is a career .307 (2,136-6,959) hitter with 448 home runs and 1,465 RBI in 1,959 career games. The two-time Most Valuable Player ranks 17th in major-league history in walks (1,466), 29th in home runs, tied for 45th in extra-base hits (906), 47th in RBI and 73rd in total bases (3,949).

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
What we all expected was finally acknowledged by Kenny and Ozzie:

Final hurt: Thomas' last day as Sox

Some interesting comments by Frank.  Hopefully he understands its business and doesn't hold it against the franchise.  I expect him to be back in the organization in some capacity when his career is over.

Best of luck to him.  He will be missed.  :crying

I thought Kenny acknowedged this 3 years ago. We all knew this day was coming. Kenny can get away with just about anything right now because of the World Series so it worked perfectly for him.

Bob

Its really going to disgust me to see the Big Hurt in a Twins uniform or any other uniform for that matter. I never thought this would happen, I thought Thomas would finish his career as a White Sox. I hope that he does come back before retiring. That way he could end his career on a high note. I hope we see in the upcoming years #35 retired and hopefully a statue on our concourse of Comiskey Park.

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
Its really going to disgust me to see the Big Hurt in a Twins uniform or any other uniform for that matter.  I never thought this would happen, I thought Thomas would finish his career as a White Sox.  I hope that he does come back before retiring.  That way he could end his career on a high note.  I hope we see in the upcoming years #35 retired and hopefully a statue on our concourse of Comiskey Park.

on the concouse? are you kidding? it should be outside infront of the park

This is exactly why I will never question or blame a player for packing his bags and leaving via free agancy. Konerko spoke about wanting to be a Sox player until he retires, what a joke. It is a business and it's a business for both the players and the owners.

Sad, sad, day.