Seat Sale Proceeds To Fund Future Renovations

Wealz

The U.S. Cellular seats are actually owned by the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority. Proceeds from the sale will be used to fund future renovations to Sox park, said spokeswoman Melissa Robbins. Some 6,000 to 7,000 pairs will be offered, with the others from the stadium scheduled for recycling, she said.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-nws-soxseats15.html

Any guesses about what those future renovations might be? Perhaps brick work to cover the gray concrete along the UD? Better out of town scoreboard?

QUOTE(Wealz @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Better out of town scoreboard?

this is a must, the one we have now is awful.

If you look at other parks, they have things like what the situation is during other games (men on base, etc.). We can't even keep up with the amount of runs scored.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
this is a must, the one we have now is awful.

If you look at other parks, they have things like what the situation is during other games (men on base, etc.).  We can't even keep up with the amount of runs scored.

It's not even the board so much as it's the guy/guys working it.

It's updated about every 1.5 innings, and every game is updated at the same time.

They also fail to change pitchers a lot, which led me and my friends to think Morris was throwing in the 11th inning in LA once.

It's downright pathetic.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)

It's updated about every 1.5 innings, and every game is updated at the same time.

They also fail to change pitchers a lot, which led me and my friends to think Morris was throwing in the 11th inning in LA once.

It's downright pathetic.

This sounds like a job for Brooks Boyer.

Edit: Not running the board, just fixing the problems.

Edited by YASNY

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the out-of-town scores thing doesn't bother me when I'm at the game. I find myself glancing at the board once in a while, but mostly I just follow the game I'm watching when I'm there. At home I want to know what's going on in other games, but not so much when I'm at the park.

But I do agree that if they're offering out-of-town scores on a scoreboard, they should do their best to keep the scores current.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)

It's downright pathetic.

I heard from somewhere that they are fixing something with the out of town scoreboard or just getting a new one. This is just what i had heard a couple of months ago so this is pure speculation.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Any guesses about what those future renovations might be?  Perhaps brick work to cover the gray concrete along the UD?  Better out of town scoreboard?

They should put brick on the walls of the bullpen. It would look so much better than the gray wall.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 07:38 AM)
They should put brick on the walls of the bullpen. It would look so much better than the gray wall.

Probably just basic upkeep. This seat sale if they are only selling 7000 seats will net them less than $2 million. Hardly enough for anything very significant.

Edited by Dick Allen