7 disc world series DVD set

supernuke

Is this it!?!?!?!? Is this the one we've all been waiting for?

I think this is the closest we've come by far. Fingers crossed this will include every playoff game in its entirety.

This looks awfully promising...makes my not recording the games on CSN not feel so bad.

This is the exact box-set I've been holding out for.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Sounds like it will be all the playoff games.  Booya!   :cheers

How do you know? I can't find anything on that ad that says this.

What about the postgame stuff?

Edit - I think I see the link now.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
How do you know?  I can't find anything on that ad that says this.

i think they are just assuming it's the whole thing based on the 7 DVD's, but i have my doubts as well.

Whatever it is, it's going to be a must-own anyway.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)

6 or 7 disk set? I don't see how it can have ALL the games. My guess is Game 5 ALCS and 4 WS games.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
If it is 7 DVDs, it could be one for the regular season, one for the ALDS, one for the ALCS, and then four for the WS with the post game show and parade as "Special Features".

Do you think Kenny can swing a deal to send Jon Garland to A&E Home Video for a seven-disc set including every playoff game in its entirety as well as pre/post-game and celebration footage?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)

Edit - I think I see the link now.

If its 7 discs, it has to be every game. You can fit 2 games per DVD, if not more. I can't wait.

Yah, if its 7 discs, I doubt they'll have the entire playoffs. The Red Sox set was 12 discs and had the 7 ALCS games and the 4 World Series games. Even though our entire playoffs are 12 games in all, it would most definitely have to be more than 7 discs.

Still, it appears that they'll have more than just the 4 World Series games. If they do it like they did for the Red Sox, it'll be 1 game per disc...which means they'll obviously have 3 extra discs to go along with the WS games.

By the way, I think I just broke the record for the usage of the word "disc" in a post.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
If it is 7 DVDs, it could be one for the regular season, one for the ALDS, one for the ALCS, and then four for the WS with the post game show and parade as "Special Features".

How the hell could they fit 4 full baseball games on 1 DVD? I don't think that's possible.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
If its 7 discs, it has to be every game.  You can fit 2 games per DVD, if not more.  I can't wait.

No way could they fit 12 games onto 7 dvds...

especially considering one of the games was basically two. I highly doubt they will have all full games in their entirety besides the World Series games and perhaps Game 5 of the ALCS. The tile of the box set is "White Sox World Series" not "Playoffs"

Edited by watchtower41

Looks like the Red Sox box set has 1 game per dvd. Their boxset is 12 dvds, has every game of the ALCS (7) and World Series (4) the 12th dvd is a bonus dvd with locker room and parade footage. With the White Sox box set at 7 dvds, it looks like we'll get every World Series game (4), they'll probably use 1 of the remaining dvds for bonus features with locker room and parade footage, that leaves us with 2 left. Clinching game against Boston and Anahiem?? That would be my bet.....

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
Looks like the Red Sox box set has 1 game per dvd.  Their boxset is 12 dvds, has every game of the ALCS (7) and World Series (4) the 12th dvd is a bonus dvd with locker room and parade footage.  With the White Sox box set at 7 dvds, it looks like we'll get every World Series game (4), they'll probably use 1 of the remaining dvds for bonus features with locker room and parade footage, that leaves us with 2 left.  Clinching game against Boston and Anahiem?? That would be my bet.....

i'd take it in a heartbeat