AJ Pierzynski Signs 3-yr Contract Extension

CSF

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
A.J. has quickly become one of my favorites after I loathed him when he played for the Twins.  This is great news.

Captain Chaos Reigns!

A. J. on the Twins equals Dino Cicarelli on the old Minnesota North Stars. Hated him, but knew I'd love him if we had him. I said that about both players while they were in Minnesota.

AJ is a class act, how many players do or say this:

"I didn't want to break the bank," said Pierzynski, who will earn $4 million in 2006 and $5.5 million in 2007 and 2008. "What I got is plenty enough. It worked out well both ways. The White Sox were honest from Day One."

Thanks AJ!

How funny is it that the Sox had to put it in Pierzynski's contract that he couldn't wrestle?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

And Hahn emphasized that Pierzynski, who participated in a pay-per-view wrestling event earlier this month, would have to abide by a clause banning players from certain sports.

"We're going to need him in one piece here for the next couple of years," Hahn quipped.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
Honestly, if they could just get Count and/or Jon to sign an extension, the off-season is perfect!

A.J. was just on ESPN 1000 with Silvy and Carm, and I thought it was odd that he basically said there's no way the team can come north with 6 starting pitchers, and said Jose or JG have to go and he would hate to be Coop or KW to make that decision.

He basically said he doesn't see how B-Mac can start the year at AAA and risk ruininghis confidence.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
A.J. was just on ESPN 1000 with Silvy and Carm, and I thought it was odd that he basically said there's no way the team can come north with 6 starting pitchers, and said Jose or JG have to go and he would hate to be Coop or KW to make that decision.

He basically said he doesn't see how B-Mac can start the year at AAA and risk ruininghis confidence.

I agree, I can see B-Mac winning 13-14 games next year.

For about 350,000

We may lose both Garland and Contreras after next year if we keep them both.

Gotta try to get one locked up.

If not, we still have 4 good starters going into 2007 in Garcia, Buehrle, McCarthy and Vazquez.

We'd probably just need a decent 5th starter at that point if we somehow can't keep either of them.