What do

BrandoFan

They were all Ken Williams acquisitions or the fact that they are all pitchers?  I love pointing out the obvious, lol.

Hate to sound like a KW hater without objectivity, but the guys obtained in trades and the signing of Yofu had to do with Williams. Or at least nothing more than listening to his scouting department. Signing a free agent to a Minor League contract again has nothing to do with KW. More than likely that was Shaffer signing the guy based on the scout that saw him in Miami's recommendation.

Hate to sound like a KW hater without objectivity, but the guys obtained in trades and the signing of Yofu had to do with Williams.  Or at least nothing more than listening to his scouting department.  Signing a free agent to a Minor League contract again has nothing to do with KW.  More than likely that was Shaffer signing the guy based on the scout that saw him in Miami's recommendation.

Thank you Rex, I concur

Hate to sound like a KW hater without objectivity, but the guys obtained in trades and the signing of Yofu had to do with Williams.  Or at least nothing more than listening to his scouting department.  Signing a free agent to a Minor League contract again has nothing to do with KW.  More than likely that was Shaffer signing the guy based on the scout that saw him in Miami's recommendation.

I agree with you on that. I assume that the minor league free agents that are signed are pretty much up to the general manager. In regards to Yofu he was signed becasue Carlos Castill (I think thats who it was) told him to talk to one of our scouts.

They're all minor league pitchers???

Signed,

Captain Obvoius

Oh Yeah? Try this....

They're all....

Alive

Men

Baseball Players in the Sox System

Baseball Players

Human

Breathe Oxygen

:D

I agree with you on that.  I assume that the minor league free agents that are signed are pretty much up to the general manager.  In regards to Yofu he was signed becasue Carlos Castill (I think thats who it was) told him to talk to one of our scouts.

Yes, he came to work out with Carlos Castillo. One of the Sox scouts in south FL saw him working out, (there were other Major League players working out as well). and recommended we sign him.

The Farm Director or Director of Player Development (or whatever title they give him) handle most minor league free agent signings.

Guest hotsoxchick1
have in common?

ok well what the hell do they all have in common besides the obvious things pointed out here already.......i give up .......... :huh: