Bush declares this forum illegal

Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)
I guess this is time for me to cut a deal and send my pal GW all of the liberals IP information, huh?

Could you link to all my I love DeLay posts? Please

:bang Hammer Time 2008 :bang

:D

Wouldn't it be more accurate to title this thread, "Congress declares this forum illegal"? Or maybe "The government declares this forum illegal"? Congress wrote the law and stuck it to something else, and the government as a whole implemented it. Bush's part in signing off on it is worth noting, but I would put the responsibility more on the shoulders of Congress than him.

This was not a Bush "thing". I have to side with some of the GOP'ers here who have expressed annoyance with putting all evil in the realm of Bush. It's Congress being stupendously un-tech-savvy, while trying to do something they think is positive, which caused this. Let's try to reserve our criticism of Bush for when he really deserves it (there are plenty of those situations).

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 11:00 AM)
Wouldn't it be more accurate to title this thread, "Congress declares this forum illegal"?  Or maybe "The government declares this forum illegal"?  Congress wrote the law and stuck it to something else, and the government as a whole implemented it.  Bush's part in signing off on it is worth noting, but I would put the responsibility more on the shoulders of Congress than him.

This was not a Bush "thing".  I have to side with some of the GOP'ers here who have expressed annoyance with putting all evil in the realm of Bush.  It's Congress being stupendously un-tech-savvy, while trying to do something they think is positive, which caused this.  Let's try to reserve our criticism of Bush for when he really deserves it (there are plenty of those situations).

Republican congress. :huh

without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...

This is meant for cyberstalkers.

Plus the Senate passed it UNANIMOUSLY. I don't think all of them are Republicans.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
This is meant for cyberstalkers.

Plus the Senate passed it UNANIMOUSLY. I don't think all of them are Republicans.

No, but I'll bet Bush had the Democrat ones under a spell or something. That has to be it.