best advice you've ever recieved?

bmags

Man, all you gotta do is find a girl that looks just like her, nail her, and then dump her, man. Get her of your mind.

Your only mistake is that you didn't dump her first. Diane Court is a show pony. You need a stallion, my friend. Walk with us and you walk tall.

b****es, man.

BVery nice on the Jimmy Duggan line! :lol:

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 09:30 AM)
Ooo, you are good!  :D  Nice to see that the fans of Rancid also have respect and knowledge of the "old-timers". First true concert I ever saw was Lost Cause opening for The Cro-Mags and GBH. It was the Midnight Madness/Age Of Quarrel tour.

You're still fairly young, right?

I'm only 19 but I found out at a young age that a lot of music from the 90's didn't really interest me. Operation Ivy was really my first love and it got me doing some research and discovering a lot of the great punk bands of the 80's and into the 90's with my all-time favorite in Rancid. I traced Tim Armstrong back to his roots and found a bevy of amazing punk, rock, ska, whatever that was made before I was even born.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
I'm only 19 but I found out at a young age that a lot of music from the 90's didn't really interest me. Operation Ivy was really my first love and it got me doing some research and discovering a lot of the great punk bands of the 80's and into the 90's with my all-time favorite in Rancid. I traced Tim Armstrong back to his roots and found a bevy of amazing punk, rock, ska, whatever that was made before I was even born.

See, with that attitude, you'll make a bunch of us old guys proud! Tracing the roots, not many people do that. But with a love for Tim, and him having such a huge love of where he came from, any fan of his isn't a true fan unless they look to where he came from. The Punk genre needs more Tim Armstrongs on top. It would sure help the scene from what is happening to it now.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
See, with that attitude, you'll make a bunch of us old guys proud! Tracing the roots, not many people do that. But with a love for Tim, and him having such a huge love of where he came from, any fan of his isn't a true fan unless they look to where he came from. The Punk genre needs more Tim Armstrongs on top. It would sure help the scene from what is happening to it now.

than why did rancids new video have those good charlotte dunces...

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
than why did rancids new video have those good charlotte dunces...

Doesn't mean they can't become friends with the people they do shows with and that they have been on the road with. Rancid has also helped keep Roger Miret going and he has done backing vocals on more than one Rancid album.