Green Seat Pics

joeynach

QUOTE(TLAK @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 06:58 AM)
I think they are recaulking between the concrete slabs under the seats.  The same concrete we walk on also serves as the roof over the club houses and all the under deck stuff in the park.  It is exposed to the weather year round and you don't want any leaks screwing up the stuff below.  Think about the scale of the operation, you don't use a little squeezy gun like Tom Silva doing a room addition, you pump it in from 55 gal drums, with the seats out they can get at everything.

I guess you could say that one man's floor is another man's cieling.  har

Yeah I mean the facility is 15 years old. How long are stadiums generally designed for 30-40 years of operation. So we are somewhere near half of its life. Id rather them take time to inspect and make sure everything is fine than have a cub and wrigley esc scandal and problem on our hands.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(joeynach @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 09:48 AM)
Yeah I mean the facility is 15 years old.  How long are stadiums generally designed for 30-40 years of operation.  So we are somewhere near half of its life.  Id rather them take time to inspect and make sure everything is fine than have a cub and wrigley esc scandal and problem on our hands.

But falling concrete just gives a stadium character! It turns you into a baseball mecca!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
But falling concrete just gives a stadium character!  It turns you into a baseball mecca!

So where does ripping off your fans turn into years of sellouts? Maybe that's why the Sox attendance sucked for all of those years, JR was too nice to the fans!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 10:14 AM)
So where does ripping off your fans turn into years of sellouts?  Maybe that's why the Sox attendance sucked for all of those years, JR was too nice to the fans!

A few dozen blunt force traumas to the head due to falling concrete ought to fix that right up!