Proposed Batting Order

pale_hose

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
I would say

5 Dye

6 AJP

7 Iguchi

And you got a winner.

The L-R-L scheme is a little overrated, but I personally am a fan of it.  Doing so will put the other manager to a tougher decision of whether to use a LH reliever for just 1 lefty, or for multiple lefties.  In using a RHP out of the pen, he then has to worry about the lefty whenever he comes up, thus having a good balance of lefties and righties in the lineup is a nice thing to have. 

Therefore, I like AJP splitting up our right handed bats in the middle of the order and creating a nice change of pace hitter, if you will. 

I like Iguchi hitting 7th because he is a pretty good hitter period, and his average from last year really doesn't do him justice.  Hitting behind Podsednik did a damper on his average and OBP, what with the sac bunts and hitting behind the runner to get him over, along with cutting down on his swing a lot more than he would like to.  Given that he can swing a bit more freely now, along with a year under his belt having seen MLB pitching, I think he's in line for a big year.

And Dye is a straight up good 5 hitter...solid hitter for average, good slugging, and an increased homer production due to the wind out to LF.

I'd like Gooch to hit in front of aj just cause it'd give us more options. That's a pretty damn good hit and run combo with aj being a good contact hitter and tad with some decent speed.

QUOTE(pale_hose @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Let's here what everyone's ideal batting order would be and why...here's mine:  if you disagree, thats cool...go sox!

1) Podsednik: of course our best baserunner and a guy w/.351 obp is hitting 1st

2) Iguchi: will start the season #2, but will move down to 6 or 7 to get more RBI chances

3) Thome: powerful lefty and according to Dusty Baker, who is a complete idiot, you have to go left, right, left in the order

4) Konerko: a great place for our captain

5) Dye: very clinch.  posted a lot of k's and low walks, but this year he will be more patient like he was during the playoffs

6) Pierzynski: this guy just rocks

7) Uribe: starts low in the order, but will switch with Iguchi later in the season

8) Crede: could hit either 8 or 9 to get the lineup around.  also seems to be fairly clinch

9) Anderson: not expected to do much, but will put up Rowand-like numbers from last year.  will meet and probably pass expectations.  could switch with Crede or Uribe in the order.

I wanna know what the hell "very clinch" means? :huh

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 06:03 PM)
I'd like Gooch to hit in front of aj just cause it'd give us more options.  That's a pretty damn good hit and run combo with aj being a good contact hitter and tad with some decent speed.

Totally agreed.

My opening day line-up:

Pods

Uribe "for now"

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Gooch

A.J

Crede

Anderson

QUOTE(pale_hose @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
Let's here what everyone's ideal batting order would be and why...here's mine:  if you disagree, thats cool...go sox!

1) Podsednik: of course our best baserunner and a guy w/.351 obp is hitting 1st

2) Iguchi: will start the season #2, but will move down to 6 or 7 to get more RBI chances

3) Thome: powerful lefty and according to Dusty Baker, who is a complete idiot, you have to go left, right, left in the order

4) Konerko: a great place for our captain

5) Dye: very clinch.  posted a lot of k's and low walks, but this year he will be more patient like he was during the playoffs

6) Pierzynski: this guy just rocks

7) Uribe: starts low in the order, but will switch with Iguchi later in the season

8) Crede: could hit either 8 or 9 to get the lineup around.  also seems to be fairly clinch

9) Anderson: not expected to do much, but will put up Rowand-like numbers from last year.  will meet and probably pass expectations.  could switch with Crede or Uribe in the order.

I like that batting lineup. However Ozzie has the final say!! :D LOL.