MY team

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
Last team for sure:

For hitting stats are: Runs, Hits, RBI's, Homers, and SB.

For pitchers: IP, Walks, Saves, Runs, HR's, Wins and K's.

It can't be your last team, you've still got to get beat in my league. :P

That offense is a monster, and the pitching is pretty good.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
It can't be your last team, you've still got to get beat in my league.  :P

That offense is a monster, and the pitching is pretty good.

Lol, I'm going to handle you. For that team, we we're just bored in the computer lab so we decided to make a league and have a draft then and there.

Thats pretty dam good for 12 team league.

Duno how you got Teix, Abreau, Rollins, Felix, And webb :P. But very good, 12 team league and getting all them on same team is pretty good. OH and nathan, well good job. Overall weakness is prolly your bench? and MAYBE parts of your pitching. But very solid team. If B. Wilkerson is available maybe you should pick him up for either castillo or robmack (he wont even be starting most the games). But good, very good team.

Just out of curiousity iWiN4PreP, why do you consider Felix Hernandez a stud (and Brandon Webb), but not Cain or Duke? Both Duke and Cain had better years last year than both pitchers, and both Cain and Duke are excellent prospects that are major league ready. Is there something about them that I don't know, or is it just that their names aren't household names?

Well On the felix point, you have me there. I personally duno anything about the guy cept of what people tell me (he has nasty stuff apparently, some of the best stuff anyone has seen in some time) and he is a young-one.

Webb however has had a strong year or two, v. good in K's and is a fantasy stud.

Cain and duke are young, and unproven. The main thing here is un-proven, in a one year fantast league, i won't be considering duke a stud unless hes proven. Same with cain, i checked his stats out, he was something like 2-1, duke did v. well last year no doubt, but is he a stud? no-one truely knows.

Just my opinion really, i think duke and cain well be come very good pitchers, but, who knows for sure?

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
Just out of curiousity iWiN4PreP, why do you consider Felix Hernandez a stud (and Brandon Webb), but not Cain or Duke?  Both Duke and Cain had better years last year than both pitchers, and both Cain and Duke are excellent prospects that are major league ready.  Is there something about them that I don't know, or is it just that their names aren't household names?

Felix is widely considered the best young pitcher since Dwight Gooden, and there is nothing that he's done to suggest the contrary. He's been very good everywhere, including in the majors last year. Just look at the numbers he had once he made the majors. Another major thing is he strikes out a lot more guys, especially in the majors. He isn't even really throwing his slider yet, which is probably his best pitch. The only guys who really compare to him when he came up were Prior and Zito (was pretty solid when he came up).

The other guys are solid, but there's a lot more uncertainty. Cain has been a solid prospect, but nowhere near as strong as Felix, and Duke has been a little more of a finess guy since he got above A ball. They're decent options, but #4 type fantasy starters. Felix is more of a strong 3 or decent 2, with the potential to be a top 5 starter.

I understand your point about the strikeouts, and it really depends on how much they are valued in the league. Both Duke and Cain will post low ERA's and WHIP's while winning games, which is why I don't exactly understand naming them "the worst starting pitching".

If strikeouts are valued high, then Duke and Cain woudn't be the best options, but I think their other virtues are enough otherwise.

Team #3 (Soxtalk)

C Ivan Rodriguez

1B Jeff Kent

2B Robinson Cano

3B Adrian Beltre

SS Jimmy Rollins

OF Torii Hunter

OF Moises Alou

OF Brad Wilkerson

Util Willy Taveras

BN Mike Lowell

BN Brady Clark

BN Casey Kotchman

BN Jeremy Hermida

SP Johan Santana

SP Chris Carpenter

RP K Rod

RP Huston Street

P John Smoltz

P Trevor Hoffman

P Livan Hernandez

BN Oliver Perez

My team is amazing pitching wise my staff is hard to beat, im hoping oliver perez turns it around, although my hitting is weak thats why i drafted more bench players for them i have some reliable backups, also hoping kotchman starts but i doubt it, could be a good sleeper if he does start.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
Ouch @ the hitting, how much teams in the league?

Only guy i like on hitting really is jimmy rollins. Wilkerson / Hunter have a chance at being good.

But pitching is looking pretty dominant.

its 12 i wanted to get good pitching, im hoping to find a couple players who bust out in FA

Also in league 3

C-Michael Barrett

1B-Albert Pujols

2B-Rickie Weeks

3B-Hank Blalock

SS-Bobby Crosby

OF-Carlos Lee

OF-Vernon Wells

OF-Randy Winn

Util-Milton Bradley

BN-Garrett Atkins 3B

BN-Raul Ibanez OF

BN-Mark Loretta 2B

BN-Carlos Guillen SS

BN-Chris Shelton 1B

SP-Roy Halladay

SP-Rich Harden

RP-Eric Gagne

RP-Bobby Jenks

P-Barry Zito

P-Zach Duke

P-Scott Kazmir

Well what do you think?

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
Also in league 3

C-Michael Barrett

1B-Albert Pujols

2B-Rickie Weeks

3B-Hank Blalock

SS-Bobby Crosby

OF-Carlos Lee

OF-Vernon Wells

OF-Randy Winn

Util-Milton Bradley

BN-Garrett Atkins 3B

BN-Raul Ibanez OF

BN-Mark Loretta 2B

BN-Carlos Guillen SS

BN-Chris Shelton 1B

SP-Roy Halladay

SP-Rich Harden

RP-Eric Gagne

RP-Bobby Jenks

P-Barry Zito

P-Zach Duke

P-Scott Kazmir

Well what do you think?

I love the pitching on your team. I like the offense too. Seems like you have a good mix, and a pretty strong team.

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
I understand your point about the strikeouts, and it really depends on how much they are valued in the league.  Both Duke and Cain will post low ERA's and WHIP's while winning games, which is why I don't exactly understand naming them "the worst starting pitching".

If strikeouts are valued high, then Duke and Cain woudn't be the best options, but I think their other virtues are enough otherwise.

His point was that if those are your top two pitchers, you're probably in trouble. That definitely seems to be the case. If he had two other stronger pitchers (or at least one stud), there's no problem with those guys.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
Alright, what do I do here. I think I might be able to pull of Adam Dunn and mabye Castillio for Peavy(The guy with all the great pitching)

Do I do it?

I already have Felix,Webb, D.Davis, Livan, Vazquez and Liriano on my staff.

I have an OF of Dunn, Abreu and Burrel, with Taveras as my UTL.

Do I make the trade, and then try and get a decent OF for Webb or Davis? Or not make the deal at all?

That'd be huge if you could add Peavy to the staff. Definitely try that. That would give you the flexibility to either keep those other two guys and have a deep staff or trade one of them and try to upgrade at another position.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Oswalt and Lorreta for Dunn and Polanco??

That would depend on which half of the trade you are getting I'd keep/get Oswalt as opposed to the other two. Dunn really only helps in homeruns, and is a major detriment to your batting average. I'd avoid/trade him unless you league counts walks or OBP. In that case, the BA isn't as big a deal.

Id also keep oswalt.

its 12 i wanted to get good pitching, im hoping to find a couple players who bust out in FA

understood.

C-Michael Barrett

1B-Albert Pujols

2B-Rickie Weeks

3B-Hank Blalock

SS-Bobby Crosby

OF-Carlos Lee

OF-Vernon Wells

OF-Randy Winn

Util-Milton Bradley

BN-Garrett Atkins 3B

BN-Raul Ibanez OF

BN-Mark Loretta 2B

BN-Carlos Guillen SS

BN-Chris Shelton 1B

SP-Roy Halladay

SP-Rich Harden

RP-Eric Gagne

RP-Bobby Jenks

P-Barry Zito

P-Zach Duke

P-Scott Kazmir

Well what do you think?

Love, the pitching. If gagne goes down, you could be in trouble with RP, but SP is v. good.

SP : 9.5/10, only way you would get a 10 from me is if you had 1 or 2 more decent pitchers :P. I dont like the idea of having 4-5 bench hitters. but very good SP.

RP : 6/10, Gagne could be amazing, if he is then it immediatly boost it up to a 9/10. Jenks is a decent choice, sorda "unrpoven" but a solid reliever.

hitting wise? You got some studs, not a 10/10, but more so around an 7/10? mayb pushing 8/10 hitting wise.

Overall : 9/10, mayb 8/10, but very GOOD team. well done.

This is a team i drafted a bit ago

I really think this is a pretty solid team, correct me if im wrong.

C A. Pierzynski

1B M. Teixeira

2B C. Figgins

3B E. Chávez

SS J. Uribe

OF I. Suzuki

OF C. Beltrán

OF G. Sizemore

Util J. Francoeur

BN J. Morneau

BN J. Dye

BN B. Wilkerson

Pitching

SP B. Webb

SP A. Burnett

RP B. Jenks

RP B. Wickman

P F. García

P J. Garland

P J. Contreras

BN C. Young

BN Ol. Pérez

Obviously, I have my weekspots at Catch, SS, and maybe third base. RP could be a minor weakspot, considering Wickman and Jenks arn't technically "top-tier relievers".

However overall, I duno how i got so much good offense.

Teixera, Figgens, Beltran, Ichiro, Sizemore

Pitching wise I could be better, but i rate it around a 6/7 out of 10.

B-webb is a stud. And the rest are all pretty well good.

What do you think of this trade?

Arod and Bonds

for

Teixeira and Reyes

I have Figgins who can play 3b, and I have Utley moving to 2B

My SS is currently Uribe. So, I needed help there. I have the following OF

Sizemore, Bonds, Holliday, Giles, Francoeur, Hermida, and Wilkerson. I am worried about Bonds lasting very long.

Ah fair fair trade I believe.

So your getting teix and reyes?

Who's your first basemen now?

A rod is a bit better then teix

and bonds / reyes is a good watch during the season.

Its a fair trade, depends if you need teix. I personally dont have bonds on much of my teams due to risk, so i like the idea of trading him off. But do you think you could mayb get one small minor thing to add along with the trade possible? Still a fair trade.