Kenny Fires Back At Frank

aboz56

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone on CUBUNE live on comcast thinks frank will be booed when he gets back. :rolly

I bet cub fans love everything going on with Frank/Kw. The lovable Sammy's image was tarnished with cheating. Arguably the greatest Cub ever.

Now they will gladly watch us boo the greatest Sox ever.

Not me. I will cheer him every at bat.

I hadn't seen the actual video of what KW said until tonight on SportsCenter. Holy cow was KW angry during his tirade. That definitely wasn't the reaction of someone responding only to Frank's latest interview. That seemed like about 5 years of built-up hatred towards Thomas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2345972

Thank you Kenny.  I couldn't agree more with the Good Riddance quote.

LOL. KW is awesome. He went nuts. Good for him!

Well Frank does like to whine and have an attitude.

I'm actually glad he is gone and is never coming back.

He is an arrogant and out of touch with reality and his latest interview showed it.

Kenny's a genius

Frank just :fight(s) with everyone

Thank god he no longer wears :gosox3: or :gosox2:

QUOTE(Soxrock200 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
Kenny's a genius

Frank just  :fight(s) with everyone

Thank god he no longer wears  :gosox3: or  :gosox2:

Wow, what a bunch of babies! Kenny and Ozzie! Frank has handled himself just fine. Has he complained a little? Sure, but after what he's done over the years, he has every right to. Nice to know that the White Soxs' run won't last very long with a couple of children running the show.

QUOTE(yuri @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 12:35 AM)
Wow, what a bunch of babies!  Kenny and Ozzie!  Frank has handled himself just fine.  Has he complained a little?  Sure, but after what he's done over the years, he has every right to.  Nice to know that the White Soxs' run won't last very long with a couple of children running the show.

Those "children" got us something we haven't had since about 1347.

Edited by Rowand44

No, Frank has handled himself like the petulant self-centered boorish player he has always been. He does not have "every right" to bash the Sox. He just couldn't keep his big mouth shut, as this crap went on all winter.

Pretty fair perspective:

White Sox GM made right move

By Troy E. Renck

Denver Post Staff Writer

Tucson - Before players wore IPods during batting practice, before they hired publicists and turned the 162-game schedule into their personal day planner, baseball had boundaries.

If a player whined, acted childishly, ripped his team, the boss intervened.

For too long though, coddling has become an accepted solution. The aging superstar goes on his soapbox, and the franchise bites its tongue until blood seeps out.

On Sunday night, White Sox general manager Kenny Williams paused to wonder why he was still protecting Frank Thomas, if there was any rationale to letting the former slugger's cries of disrespect go unchecked.

So Williams fired back, extending a quietly refreshing trend of teams taking back sports from petulant stars such as Terrell Owens, Ron Artest and Sidney Ponson.

Five years of Williams' frustration erupted in colorful profanity and poignant adjectives. He called Thomas an "idiot" and "selfish" and urged him to stop talking about the White Sox and move on.

On a cloudy Tuesday morning at Tucson Electric Park, Williams, seated comfortably in a golf cart, was asked if he had any regrets for going public.

"I am getting ripped by some people for not taking the high road," Williams said. "Well, let me tell you, I know all the loop-de-loops of the high road when (dealing with Thomas)."

Translation: Enough was enough. The White Sox paid $14 million over the past two seasons for inconsistent production. They massaged the lineup around his injuries and reappearances, placated his ego, folded him into their World Series run and celebration, honoring him at every chance.

Thomas was deemed expendable after the club acquired Jim Thome in the offseason. Thomas was angry about being discarded, his 16 years of service seemingly meaningless. Understandable. Divorces are ugly. Thomas was entitled to a scathing exit interview.

Instead, he paint-balled the Sistine Chapel with his parting shots. After three months of absorbing jabs, Williams stopped covering up and delivered a haymaker. Did he cross the line, getting too personal regarding talk about loaned money? Perhaps. Should a GM be held to a higher standard of decorum than a player? Yes.

But does that make Williams' retaliation wrong? Absolutely not. Somebody has to draw a line in the batter's box of sand, even if it's squiggly.

"I think that Kenny handled the situation the right way," manager Ozzie Guillen said Tuesday. "He got his point across, that we have been dealing with this problem for a long time.

"As a friend, I would tell Frank he better shut ... up. He doesn't want to put himself in position where he's going to be embarrassed. Frank is the greatest player to wear this uniform. Just leave with that image. But when you keep talking and talking and talking, people get fed up."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3556255

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
No, Frank has handled himself like the petulant self-centered boorish player he has always been.  He does not have "every right" to bash the Sox.  He just couldn't keep his big mouth shut, as this crap went on all winter.

I find it interesting that KW, Ozzie, Paulie, and Jerry Manuel have all made negative remarks about Frank to the press. I don't know what went on in that locker room, but it seems to me that Frank has a serious attitude problem. I love the guy to death, but I'm sick and tired of his crap.

QUOTE(yuri @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 01:35 AM)
Wow, what a bunch of babies!  Kenny and Ozzie!  Frank has handled himself just fine.  Has he complained a little?  Sure, but after what he's done over the years, he has every right to.  Nice to know that the White Soxs' run won't last very long with a couple of children running the show.

But it was a damn good post.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
I find it interesting that KW, Ozzie, Paulie, and Jerry Manuel have all made negative remarks about Frank to the press.  I don't know what went on in that locker room, but it seems to me that Frank has a serious attitude problem.  I love the guy to death, but I'm sick and tired of his crap.

LMAO.. 4 people in 16 years.