When Frank comes back to Chicago..

whitesoxin'

Will you Boo him or Give him a standing ovation?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Will you Boo him or Give him a standing ovation?

• Boo
    • Standing Ovation
    • Neither

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
1998 he hit .265. 1999 he missed most of the last month with an injury and only hit 19 homers. He got paid more than he was worth. He was the one who popped off about his 2000 season when he was worth the money, but then again, maybe not, considering the "greatest hitter in franchise history" failed to get even 1 hit in the playoffs. He was paid nearly $10 million for 68 ABs in 2001. Another $10 million to hit .252 in 2002 and then cried about the diminished skills clause in a contract HE SIGNED. 2003 he was worth what he was paid, but $17.5 million has gone into his pockets the last 2 years for 345 ABs. The subpar offensive years are made even worse by the fact they guy can't play the field.

The White Sox signed the contract, too. Why is it the team should be able to hold salary against players, but not the other way around?

I think all this salary business is meaningless. And yeah, I know what Frank said about it, and I think he's wrong too.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
The White Sox signed the contract, too.  Why is it the team should be able to hold salary against players, but not the other way around?

I think all this salary business is meaningless.  And yeah, I know what Frank said about it, and I think he's wrong too.

When did the White Sox hold salary against any player let alone Frank. I have never heard JR or KW or Schueler when that idiot was here say they were paying someone too much. They have cried they want to much and been stubborn in negotiation, but once the contract is signed, the deal was done. The clause in Thomas' contract was not exercised, Frank got a new contract which gave him a lot more money up front. The White Sox did him a huge favor something they didn't have to do and something that wasn't that sound of business decision, especially considering the clause was triggered by a lack of production.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
When did the White Sox hold salary against any player let alone Frank. I have never heard JR or KW or Schueler when that idiot was here say they were paying someone too much. They have cried they want to much and been stubborn in negotiation, but once the contract is signed, the deal was done.  The clause in Thomas' contract was not exercised, Frank got a new contract which gave him a lot more money up front. The White Sox did him a huge favor something they didn't have to do and something that wasn't that sound of business decision, especially considering the clause was triggered by a lack of production.

I know the history, but if noone's got a right to complain about the money paid, why is this coming up at all?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Comparing the two is laughable, so I won't get into a phantom debate.  There is nothing to debate on this.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
Any argument who comes from a so called fan who quit on the team doesn't count.

Just want to put that out there.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
Had they listened to my bottom line, the conversation would be over.

Not to be an ass, but if you (or anyone) are going to argue an issue with someone else, you should at least have the courtesy to acknowlege the existence of an opinion other than your own. You don't help your own cause by disregarding someones credibility or declaring yourself the winner because "there is nothing to debate".