Chicagoland Pizza

AddisonStSox

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Edwardo's. It's not the best, but their spinach deep dish is awesome.

Texas pizza sux ass as well. But there are two decent places in town...Rounder's for thin crust and garlic knots (*drooling*) and Mangia. The owner's of Mangia went to Chicago and developed their pizza based on the Chicago deep dish model. It's pretty damn good.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
The sodfather is a big fan of Vito&Nick's in Lemont. He is in there all the time, especially Fridays.

The only Vito & Nicks I ever heard of is on like 85th and Pulaski. It is pretty famous for their ultra thin crust. If I had to pick a fav of that style of za ir would be them.

Weird thing is when I was growing up around there...I remember it being Nick and Vito's, but now everyone tells me Vito & Nicks. I know I'm not insane...it used to be the other way around. Anyone know what I'm talking about??

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 11:28 AM)
The only Vito & Nicks I ever heard of is on like 85th and Pulaski.  It is pretty famous for their ultra thin crust.  If I had to pick a fav of that style of za ir would be them.

Weird thing is when I was growing up around there...I remember it being Nick and Vito's, but now everyone tells me Vito & Nicks.  I know I'm not insane...it used to be the other way around.  Anyone know what I'm talking about??

what do ya need to know about vito and nicks???

Vito opened a bar (not exactly sure where the first one was but he settled at 79th and carpenter) just a shot and a beer joint. Vito's wife and their son nick started making pizza for the regulars. Nick was a union carpenter at the time. Well the pizza "legend" started to grow to where vito put his sons name on the business. As the 79 and carpenter area started to change (sorry Leo grads) and vito's passing, nick looked west. He moved to 85th and pulaski. The story goes that he owned the land from the alley to the street from where tobars bike shop was to the light at 85th. rumor also had it that McDonalds leased their land from nick and payed in MCD stock. the reason for vito and nicks or nick and vito's... Nick put the palce in the phone book under both names, but the sign in the window still says Vito and Nicks. move ahead 50 or so years... nick's second daughter donna opened vito and nicks two in sandpiper plaza ( sw hwy and ridgeland?) donna's health took a bad turn and her older brother nick took over and moved the business to 95th and roberts road. nick then opened in orland square mall (fazaoli's building). more rumor... nick closed in orland park cause he never paid orland sales tax... and franchised the 95 and roberts location to his ex-brother in law. as i under stand it after Nicks passing the oldest daughter rose got control of the pulaski restaurant and bought Lemont Lanes. she currently runs both. but the situation gets legal cause her brother nick sold a franchise that's located at route 30 and wolf road? and another somewhere in plainfield, it's legal cause rose owns the names and her brother is selling things that leaglly don't belong to him. Gotta love family. any questions??? the pizza is still the same in pulaski and lemont, don't know about the other locations.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 10:28 AM)
The only Vito & Nicks I ever heard of is on like 85th and Pulaski.  It is pretty famous for their ultra thin crust.  If I had to pick a fav of that style of za ir would be them.

Weird thing is when I was growing up around there...I remember it being Nick and Vito's, but now everyone tells me Vito & Nicks.  I know I'm not insane...it used to be the other way around.  Anyone know what I'm talking about??

Nick & Vito's used to be on 83rd & Pulaski. You're not crazy (poliitcal beliefs aside). I'm pretty sure it's gone now. Never ate the pizza, but had my fair share of Angie's from right down the street. Not necessarily something I would recommend, but it's a personal favorite.

There's a Pizzeria Uno here in Mesa that's as bad as advertised. I'd never been to one in Chicago, but I recognized the name and was excited to give it a try. Really not very good.

Edited by Middle Buffalo