Official High School Baseball Thread

QUOTE(Sam @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
We (Mount Carmel) play against Divine Child, the Michigan state champion, tonight at 7 PM at UIC.

No offense but I hate you guys and the school (hell I almost went there) You guys beat our baseball team (Carmel has an outstanding team) solid b-ball team, and football. You guys all around suck. :P

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
I didn't get the whole story, but you quit over a number? In a few years, you will regret it.

I didn't quit over a number solely. I quit over the Coach being consistently disrespectful, rude and shoddy and the fact that I never got any playing time even when he'd just told me that I'd be getting some playing time. All the Coach ever did was treat me like s*** until he finally crossed the line.

Why stay on a team where I won't even get to play? I can warm up on my own, thanks. And my teammates were, by and large, jagoffs with the Coach's approval.

You might say I'm selfish bot quitting. I don't think what I did was. On our team, you don't even earn your spot through tryouts -- you earn it through the Coach putting you on, and often that choice is made through "age" and "experience." It's not worth it. I'll join a Summer League instead.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)
No offense but I hate you guys and the school (hell I almost went there) You guys beat our baseball team (Carmel has an outstanding team) solid b-ball team, and football. You guys all around suck. :P

Where do you/did you go?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
Family comes first to me. And trust me, I love baseball more than just about anything but I could not pass up the opportunity to visit my godfather who I havent seen since I was like 9, and also to experience the wild outdoors of Alaska. What's done is done and I do not regret going to Alaska one bit.

Your coach lets you go on spring break?...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON?

At my school we are required to stay home for Spring Break...and our vacation is always before the games begin.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 10:44 PM)
Your coach lets you go on spring break?...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON?

If I abandoned the team to go on vacation, a pink slip would be waiting in my locker when I got back.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Brooks beat Washington today 17-1. I went 1-4 with 2 RBI.

Yea when I heard that I was like... DAMN!! :o I guess their pitching wasn't the same as last year. :lol: Dafnis (one of the studs on our team) shut you guys out twice last year I think in one of them he had a no-hitter till like the 6th but I believe he got like 15K's and 2BB with only 3-5 hits from your school. If only he took baseball more seriously (could hit/pitch) wasn't so lazy, and wasn't a cub fan (had to put that in there) I think he probably would have had the best potential to succeed in college get drafted pretty high, and probably make it (or sniffed) the bigs. Good talent wasted but I still know two guys who can do the things I just listed.. :)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
Yea when I heard that I was like... DAMN!! :o I guess their pitching wasn't the same as last year.  :lol: Dafnis (one of the studs on our team) shut you guys out twice last year I think in one of them he had a no-hitter till like the 6th but I believe he got like 15K's and 2BB with only 3-5 hits from your school. If only he took baseball more seriously (could hit/pitch) wasn't so lazy, and wasn't a cub fan (had to put that in there) I think he probably would have had the best potential to succeed in college get drafted pretty high, and probably make it (or sniffed) the bigs. Good talent wasted but I still know two guys who can do the things I just listed.. :)

That team is horrible. They lost to f***ign Westinghouse. WESTINGHOUSE! The guy who came in for the starting pitcher was pretty good. He had some good stuff and kept our batters of balance. I think we still scored lik 5 off him in 2 innings...and we only played 5.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
That team is horrible. They lost to f***ign Westinghouse. WESTINGHOUSE! The guy who came in for the starting pitcher was pretty good. He had some good stuff and kept our batters of balance. I think we still scored lik 5 off him in 2 innings...and we only played 5.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

No wonder when I asked about thier team half of my friends never showed up.. :lol: Looks like Washington won't even sniff the playoffs this year. These bums are gonna break our streak we had for the most consecutive playoffs we've been in.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 01:33 AM)
:lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

No wonder when I asked about thier team half of my friends never showed up..  :lol: Looks like Washington won't even sniff the playoffs this year. These bums are gonna break our streak we had for the most consecutive playoffs we've been in.

Haha. This is Brooks' first head-to-head win against Washington. Before today, I think it was 0-5 or 0-6. Not anymore lol. :P

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
They don't seem like a school that would be a baseball type.  Suprising to me, a suburbanite though.

Considering we have so many damn races in that school, plus every particular person liking other stuff, and being it's a public school.. I wouldn't say surprising. But I know where your comming from on this. Other than this year, we have had a damn solid baseball team, and damn outstanding bastketball team, and an average football team (just listing the 3 main sports not counting our very solid soccer team etc..)

QUOTE(Fourofakind @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
LaPorte 13 Lake Central 0 

Lake Central is #2 in the state of Indiana.  Ad we rocked their ace going to Valpo University.

That would be Ranko wouldnt it? Im gonna get the start vs Lake Central later on in the year. cant wait.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
Considering we have so many damn races in that school, plus every particular person liking other stuff, and being it's a public school.. I wouldn't say surprising. But I know where your comming from on this.

Yeah I just kinda assumed they were Hillcrest-ish, good hoops, decent football, baddd baseball.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 07:34 AM)
That would be Ranko wouldnt it? Im gonna get the start vs Lake Central later on in the year. cant wait.

Yes that would be Ranko indeed. Our team got off to a rough start for our standards with 3 losses but this week we beat #4 Crown Point and #2 Lake Central, both handily. This are defintely looking up.