05/28 - Game thread.

rafacosta

you won't believe this but JG has thrown a shut out for 8 innings - the Sox took a 2-0 lead into the 9th and have added 3 more runs - Toronto deserves it, they intentionally walked Daubach! Anyway CLee had a big hit and the inning is still going... new pitcher in for Toronto and Mags at bat with 1 out and 1 on

8-0, bottom of the 9th

Garland, 98 pitches 8 innings, no walks

Koch in - game Koch proof we hope - and he hits the first Toronto batter

John and Ed wish Garland has stayed in

Garland deserved the chance to pitch the shut out. Koch hitting the first guy is what makes this saver so worrisome.

I didn't get a chance to see this game...But I heard that Garland pitched lights out in this blowout...So, my question for those who watched the game is what was his pitch count going into the 9th? A high pitch count is the only reason I can think of that he'd be pulled in favor of Koch.

I didn't get a chance to see this game...But I heard that Garland pitched lights out in this blowout...So, my question for those who watched the game is what was his pitch count going into the 9th?  A high pitch count is the only reason I can think of that he'd be pulled in favor of Koch.

Garland had 98 pitches. He also tried to talk JM into letting him finish the game, to no avail.

I didn't get a chance to see this game...But I heard that Garland pitched lights out in this blowout...So, my question for those who watched the game is what was his pitch count going into the 9th?  A high pitch count is the only reason I can think of that he'd be pulled in favor of Koch.

To call it a blow out is misleading the game was 2-0 at most up until the 9th inning. It was a well played nip and tuck game. The final score was a fluke and totally misrepresented how the game actually went.

Hate to read more into this but . . .

I'm wondering if JG was thinking "I only threw 98 pitches and want a complete game shut out" or

"Botch!! Let me out there, I don't want this f***ed up"

:canada

Hate to read more into this but . . .

I'm wondering if JG was thinking "I only threw 98 pitches and want  a complete game shut out" or

"Botch!! Let me out there, I don't want this f***ed up"

:canada

At 8-0 he was thinking about the complete game shutout, at 2-0 who knows :huh: