Sox get title belt

Mr. Showtime

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 08:48 AM)
I am getting a bit worried that the Sox are trying to be characters like the 1985 Bears, who never won again after the Superbowl year.

How much will that belt mean when we are in the midst of a 7-game losing streak?

They're not "trying" to be characters. It's who they are. It's no different than last year, really.

I think it'll be good for players to have silly things like this to bond over. Either way, it's not going to amount to any real big boost or decline in players skills. It's not like Bobby Jenks is going to hang himself when he doesn't walk away with the Belt.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 09:48 AM)
I am getting a bit worried that the Sox are trying to be characters like the 1985 Bears, who never won again after the Superbowl year.

How much will that belt mean when we are in the midst of a 7-game losing streak?

It's all in fun. Don't get so serious about it. I would think during a 7 game losing streak they wouldn't give it out.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
Now I want to see promos before and during the game by players intent on winning the belt that day!

"Let me tell you something, Mean Gene.  That Joe Crede may think he's got the belt all sewn up with his 3-run dinger in the 1st, but my at-bat is coming up next inning and I still have something to say about that.  Besides, I play better defense.  If you smellllllllllllllllllllllll............... what the PABLO is cooking!!!"

:lolhitting