Sox get title belt

Mr. Showtime

As the wrestling guy here, I felt I should post this.

Yes, this is real...

I'm sure someone will complain, but hey, what's wrong with a little fun?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 9, 2006

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELT FOR WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS

CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox and TNA Wrestling have joined forces to honor the team's Player of the Game for the 2006 season with a championship belt that the players will pass around to the daily hero.

The Belt was officially presented to the White Sox by TNA wrestler Chris Sabin and TNA announcer Mike Tenay during a spring training ceremony in Tucson, Ariz. Highlights of the belt presentation will air this Saturday, March 11, on TNA iMPACT! (Spike-TV, 11 p.m. ET)

White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski aligned with Nashville-based TNA Wrestling last December for a pay-per-view in Orlando, Fla.  He was the "manager" for the victorious team of Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt and Dale Torborg over the Diamonds In The Rough, the team of Simon Diamond, David Young and Elix Skipper. Torborg, a strength and conditioning coach for the White Sox, is a former pro wrestler and the son of former major leaguer Jeff Torborg.

Pierzynski's crew grabbed the victory over the Diamonds In The Rough when Pierzynski hit Diamond over the head with a home plate that he had been given by fellow major leaguer Johnny Damon, who was sitting in the front row.

"I'm speechless right now," Pierzynski said when presented with the belt. "On behalf of the White Sox and the whole organization, including myself, I want to thank TNA for everything you've done. With this belt, I'm going to make a presentation after every game to the Player of the Game. Whoever has the best game gets to carry it around for the night, but one thing, it's going to be in my locker a whole lot." :bang

TNA Wrestling airs every Saturday night on Spike-TV, with a replay airing Monday (midnight ET).  TNA Wrestling will move to prime-time as of April 13, when Spike-TV begins airing TNA Wrestling at 9 p.m. ET.

TNA Wrestling features many established superstars, such as Jeff Jarrett, Sting, Team 3D and reigning World Heavyweight Champion Christian Cage. TNA Wrestling also showcases some of the best up-and-coming stars, such as AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe and Monty Brown, among others.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
I like it, it's corny but fun.

If someone like Borchard wins it for a 500-footer, will he be a Transitional Champion?

[/inside joke]

Well, if it went AJ-Joe-AJ, then it'd be transitional. :P

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
I love the group of guys we have on this team.

Come on, where else would you hear this stuff?

Exactly.

Gets some PR, and it's just WACKY~! fun.

Long season, need something to take the pressure off from time to time.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
If Borch ever did win it, he'd pray for a Tommy Rich title reign.

[/inside joke]

:lolhitting

Good lord, I can't even believe Tommy Rich has been mentioned here.

That'd be like bringing up a player from the 80's who hit a winning homer in a meaningless game.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
Good lord, I can't even believe Tommy Rich has been mentioned here.

That'd be like bringing up a player from the 80's who hit a winning homer in a meaningless game.

Take out the "80's" part and you just described Borch.

:D

Now I want to see promos before and during the game by players intent on winning the belt that day!

"Let me tell you something, Mean Gene. That Joe Crede may think he's got the belt all sewn up with his 3-run dinger in the 1st, but my at-bat is coming up next inning and I still have something to say about that. Besides, I play better defense. If you smellllllllllllllllllllllll............... what the PABLO is cooking!!!"

AJ will never give the title up to anyone else...if anything, it could mark the demise of the teams "chemistry" that Carl Everett talks about.

If AJ was to lose that title belt, I could easily see him turning "heel" and hitting Sox players in the back of the knee with a black baseball bat, then taking the title back and telling them to enjoy their "vacation" from the game.

Silly...yes...but entertaining, too. It adds something for the fans and the team to enjoy together...sort of like an inside laugh.

That AJ. We should trade him now. He's a cancer.

Ah, the AWA at Comiskey Park..............now there is a promo for mullet night. No flashy s*** that I see now. I want a 400lb. slob from Stone Mountain Georgia manged by one of the Ligue's against the American Dream Dusty Rhodes managed by that other fool....

Hopefully Laz Diaz will be working and he can be special guest referee.

Begin with a moment of silence for Chicago's own Roadwarrior Hawk.

I miss the AWA and NWA.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 05:25 AM)
AJ will never give the title up to anyone else...if anything, it could mark the demise of the teams "chemistry" that Carl Everett talks about.

If AJ was to lose that title belt, I could easily see him turning "heel" and hitting Sox players in the back of the knee with a black baseball bat, then taking the title back and telling them to enjoy their "vacation" from the game.

Silly...yes...but entertaining, too.  It adds something for the fans and the team to enjoy together...sort of like an inside laugh.

That AJ.  We should trade him now.  He's a cancer.

LOL at AJ turning heel. Maybe they'll form a new version of "The Four Horsemen" - and just keep interrupting games until they get a title shot.