Konerko Worst in MLB?

BrandoFan

Is Paul Konerko the worst player in baseball this season?

Seriously someone asked the question and I dismissed it with a laughter, afterall Paulie is a proven All-Star just coming into his prime, right?

Now that I think about it...his OPS is pathetic made worse by a ton of DPs hit into; baserunning very bad; and his defense at one of the easiest fielding positions is below-average at best. Plus he is making what 8 Mill a year....

I was thinking that he may be headed somewhere DL or bench and bring up a "hitter" try Miles, then Gload, then.........Rickey Henderson. Hell, bring back Baines or Walker, can't do any worse.

With Thomas at first Daubach and Konerko can arm wreastle for a spot on the bench and bring in one of these other guys to DH.

Trade Koch and Konerko to Boston (they have got to be getting desperate) for the young SS.

Thomas produced at first last eve, leave him there.

Konerko is terrrible and I am not sure he will be getting out of it.

Probably the only one more frustarted with PK's performance is PK, or at least I hope so. Grounding into those DP's is just unreal. I think he is leading the league, which isn't anything to brag about. I think he should sit with Walker on the bench and get this figured out. Maybe the guy just thinks homer all the time, I don't know, but it's pure manure.

As long as Royce Clayton is in this league, that question is answered.  Heck as long as Rick White is around, Pauly isn't even the worst on his own team!

How do you figure? Clayton plays one of the toughest defensive positiions (albeit he is pretty mediocre), runs much faster, has higher OPS and more RBIs in a weak lineup...And makes 5 times less than PK.

I should have said "the wrost non-pitcher player in MLB".

Is Paul Konerko the worst player in baseball this season?

Seriously someone asked the question and I dismissed it with a laughter, afterall Paulie is a proven All-Star just coming into his prime, right?

Now that I think about it...his OPS is pathetic made worse by a ton of DPs hit into; baserunning very bad; and his defense at one of the easiest fielding positions is below-average at best.  Plus he  is making what 8 Mill a year....

Just on this seasons production alone? No other factors? The guy has been horrible and deserves serious consideration for that nomination.

At the plate, Adrian Beltre probably beats Konerko. Hes hitting like .180 as a starter. But Beltre is better in the field at a tough position and hes got decent speed. Konerko is worse than him IMO.

And the other day everybody said Konerko was recovering and I said lets not get too excited, its only one game. Was I right or what?

Saids the Frank Thomas fan...

Uh, yeah? Frank Thomas is doing well. Dont rip on him. And Im not Franks biggest fan. At chisox.com, youll here storys about his legendary greatest fan Andy Saber (is that right, any of you mlb.com oldies?). He claimed to do all kinds of outrageous things, like "meating" the Sox and he loved Frank. I heard he would get mad at Ray Ray for not getting on base to give Frank an RBI opportunity.

Hey hsc, can you post the thread "Last night I meat the Sox"? Thats a classic...

Uh, yeah? Frank Thomas is doing well. Dont rip on him. And Im not Franks biggest fan. At chisox.com, youll here storys about his legendary greatest fan Andy Saber (is that right, any of you mlb.com oldies?). He claimed to do all kinds of outrageous things, like "meating" the Sox and he loved Frank. I heard he would get mad at Ray Ray for not getting on base to give Frank an RBI opportunity.

Hey hsc, can you post the thread "Last night I meat the Sox"? Thats a classic...

5-36 with one rbi is doing good?

Him and Pauly just flat out suck right now. In all reality neither one of them deserves to be starting. But in reality you can't bench them both, as much as I would like to see it done.

Him and Pauly just flat out suck right now. In all reality neither one of them deserves to be starting. But in reality you can't bench them both, as much as I would like to see it done.

Pauly sucks. Frank has been decent tho. Once again, his performance is poor to his standards. He is a victim of his own success...

Pauly sucks. Frank has been decent tho. Once again, his performance is poor to his standards. He is a victim of his own success...

How is 5-36 decent? How is hitting .150 with RISP decent? How is hitting under .250 decent? How is having zero multiRBI HR's decent? how is having one multiRBI game all year decent? So he got a lot of walks in April, his walk rate has seriously deteriorated since then to. He went from having 23 walks in April to 14 in May so far, in just two less games.

Take off your blinders man.

Last night, in that game, PK came up with Thomas on second, Maggs on first, no outs....I said he should bunt here, and we should bring 1 run in at the very least. He bunts, he gets the job done, he helps the team score a run, he slowly gains confidence, and before you know it, he's having 2-homer games against the Cubs after he gets plunked in the head.

Instead, he goes ahead and hits....and I knew that he was going to ground into a DP.

You give him a runner on first, and he'll somehow, some way, figure out a plan to ground into a double play.

Instead, he goes ahead and hits....and I knew that he was going to ground into a DP.

You give him a runner on first, and he'll somehow, some way, figure out a plan to ground into a double play

I chose not to watch the game, but it sounds like vintage Koney this year...you've had one disgusted look on your face, you've had them all, lol.

If it were up to me, DP would subtract from total bases, thus lowering the transgressing player's OPS accordingly. Koney has hit into 13 DP? Well that means he has 13 less singles/walks, which means his already pathetic 590 OPS is actually around 530.

Frank Thomas is dong as bad as PK? That's true...if only you can disregard a whopping 300 point difference in their respective OPS. Hurt is much closer to Delgado than to Konerko this season.

Paully has NEVER had a bad JUNE. In fact nearly ALL of Paully's Junes are all-star months. KEEP THE FAITH!

As for Frank, 1 of 2 things will happen:

Either pitcher's will stop respecting him & start challenging him which will definitely result in less walks & it will be up to Frank to get the hits

OR

They'll just keep walking his sorry ass because they no he's still a DP shot.

I sure am hoping for 1). :bringit

Guest hotsoxchick1

roman its in the archives here somewhere... honestly i dont have it stored away ncorgbl does.. youll have to ask him for a copy if you cant fetch it out of the lost files here.......im sure if ya ask nicely jas may be able to help ya......... ;) it should be somewhere around opening day .... look back that far for starters.........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Isn't that usually posted here the night before Opening Day every year  :huh: ?

yeah thats why i told him to go back to the opening day dates.........its around there somewhere........