Cool stat

WhiteSox311

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
Mar 12 According to The Chicago Tribune, the Chicago White Sox rotation of SP Mark Buehrle, SP Jose Contreras, SP Freddy Garcia, SP Jon Garland and SP Javier Vazquez has allowed only 11 earned runs in 43 innings, for a 2.30 ERA.

I just have to shake my head when I think about the depth of this rotation. It's gonna be a fun year.

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
Mar 12 According to The Chicago Tribune, the Chicago White Sox rotation of SP Mark Buehrle, SP Jose Contreras, SP Freddy Garcia, SP Jon Garland and SP Javier Vazquez has allowed only 11 earned runs in 43 innings, for a 2.30 ERA.

If this is talking about Spring Training this year, the number is wrong :P

According to this, those 5 pitchers have thrown 33 innings, not 43, while allowing 11 earned runs. So the ERA is 3.00, not 2.30. Still good though ;)

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
If this is talking about Spring Training this year, the number is wrong :P

According to this, those 5 pitchers have thrown 33 innings, not 43, while allowing 11 earned runs.  So the ERA is 3.00, not 2.30.  Still good though ;)

This changes absolutely everything. They suckass now.

But seriously, you thought the Sox rotation was good last year with the best top 4 in the league...the Sox could realistically have FIVE 15 game winners...has that ever been done? Not to mention some little toothpick in the pen who will (likely) be joining the rotation, with the only way he doesn't join is if the Sox were to, for whatever reason, resign Contreras.

QUOTE(Fourofakind @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)
Maybe it includes Garcia and Vazquez WBC numbers....

Thats not it. Vazquez let up a run, and he only pitched 3 innings, and Freddy pitched 3 1/3. They probably included the B games which are not listed in official stats.

The good news is if you include McCarthy into the mix, the top 6 pitchers have a 3.18 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 26 Ks, and only 6 BBs in 39 2/3s IP.

If you go one step further and add Cotts (3.00 ERA), Jenks (0.00 ERA), and Politte (ERA 12.00), as a team, they still have great numbers: 3.44 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 28 K's, 9 BBs in 49 2/3s IP.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 01:58 AM)
Thats not it. Vazquez let up a run, and he only pitched 3 innings, and Freddy pitched 3 1/3.  They probably included the B games which are not listed in official stats.

The good news is if you include McCarthy into the mix, the top 6 pitchers have a 3.18 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 26 Ks, and only 6 BBs in 39 2/3s IP.

If you go one step further and add Cotts (3.00 ERA), Jenks (0.00 ERA), and Politte (ERA 12.00), as a team, they still have great numbers: 3.44 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 28 K's, 9 BBs in 49 2/3s IP.

That's funny. I could have swore I watched Javy pitch 5 solid innings against the DR.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 04:22 AM)
That's funny.  I could have swore I watched Javy pitch 5 solid innings against the DR.

Prior to yesterday's game he had 3 innings, which was what they were talking about in the March 12th article that the original poster was referring to. I was just pointing out that it was probably not the WBC stats since Garcia and Vazquez combined only pitched 6 1/3 innings when that article came out - not currently.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 03:29 AM)
Prior to yesterday's game he had 3 innings, which was what they were talking about in the March 12th article that the original poster was referring to.  I was just pointing out that it was probably not the WBC stats since Garcia and Vazquez combined only pitched 6 1/3 innings when that article came out - not currently.

Gotcha. My bad.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
one of these guys is gonna win 20 this year.  If they all stay healthy, there all gonna win 15.

Garcia didn't miss a start and won 14 games.

I won't rule it out...but I wouldn't be making any guarantees or "gonna's" yet. They have a hell of a good chance of doing it though, which would be friggin incredible.