USA vs. Mexico

Buehrle>Wood

You realize that other teams competing with and even beating the USA is probably a good thing because we will get to see all of the other truly good players who are out there, right?  These are guys that wouldn't have had a chance to showcase their talents before.

Also, Griffey is a poor defensive CF'er at this stage in his career.  Sorry to break it to you.

uh the only country with talent that the majors cant get to is cuba...im sure if anyone else was really that good we would have heard of them by now....BUT ya ya gueriel(sp?) guy from cuba looks awesome his wrists a f***in lighting quick

i never said griffey was good in cf....i just said he wasnt a liability....it wasnt hurting the team with him out there anyways it was pry helping more than it hurt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh the only country with talent that the majors cant get to is cuba...im sure if anyone else was really that good we would have heard of them by now....BUT ya ya gueriel(sp?) guy from cuba looks awesome his wrists a f***in lighting quick

i never said griffey was good in cf....i just said he wasnt a liability....it wasnt hurting the team with him out there anyways it was pry helping more than it hurt

KW signed Tadahito Iguchi based solely on a video of him playing. You don't think that a big tournament in which everyone can actually see these guys play will help find more talent? C'mon...

FALSE...

But keep trying. You're just proving that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Iguchi's agent, Richard Moss, sent video tapes to every major league team.

ya im sure it was the neat little tape presentation that sold him....theres alot more to it than a god damned tape....obviously scouts had seen him already and gave kenny the thumbs up after seeing the tape

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
oh and the ratings are very strong through the first 2 rounds......id like to see those compared with the next two rounds without the US....

I guarantee the Finals, which will be US-less will get a bigger rating than any of the games that actually featured the US.

I don't really know the links of foriegn news papers, but I can show you the front pages...

newpapers6lc.jpg

Here are a couple of online links front page of the Korea Times -- And Here

Meanwhile in the major US Papers...

The NYT has no mention of the WBC on the front page, but includes a pic and story about the NCAA tourney.

The Chicago Trib has no mention of the US on the front page, but a huge pic of Illini basketball.

The LA Times has a picture of Griffey in the bottom right had corner and says story inside.

The Houston Chronicle makes no mention of it on the front page

The San Francisco chronicle makes no mention of it on the front page

The Washington Post has a big picture about the GW win over the mighty UNC Wilmington, but no WBC mention on the front page.

The readers digest of newspapers, USA Today, has no mention of it on the front page.

It's amazing how unaware you are of the world around you.

That's right; f*** college ball. Long live World Classic/World, period. :headbang

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
ya im sure it was the neat little tape presentation that sold him....theres alot more to it than a god damned tape....obviously scouts had seen him already and gave kenny the thumbs up after seeing the tape

So we should take your word over Kenny, Ozzie, and Jerry, who all state that nobody in the Sox system saw Iguchi in person before he was signed?

Do us all a favor and go back to bumping old threads.

Any post you've made that requires more than one word is a waste of badwidth.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

Do us all a favor and go back to bumping old threads.

Any post you've made that requires more than one word is a waste of badwidth.

NO NOOO YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT AAHHHH

seriously tho im glad i could fill up that empty slot in your life so good that you even remember who i am with old bump posts comment...no no, thank YOU

oh ya and go USA

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
oh ya and go USA

I'm not sure but I think that the U.S. lost. I haven't really been paying attention.

One more thing. Compare the amount of posts in this forum to the posts in the March Madness forum and you'll see what American sports fans care more about. And this is a baseball board nonetheless.

Edited by The Bones

I'm not sure but I think that the U.S. lost. I haven't really been paying attention.

One more thing. Compare the amount of posts in this forum to the posts in the March Madness forum and you'll see what American sports fans care more about. And this is a baseball board nonetheless.

ya no s*** sherlock i knew the us lost .....i meant go usa in general..making fun of that one dude for not rooting for the US....and the march madness forum pry has more post because ITS BEEN AROUND FOR A MILLION YEARS YOU MINDLESS **** AND THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR OF THE WBC.....DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
ya no s*** sherlock i knew the us lost .....i meant go usa in general..making fun of that one dude for not rooting for the US....and the march madness forum pry has more post because ITS BEEN AROUND FOR A MILLION YEARS YOU MINDLESS **** AND THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR OF THE WBC.....DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Actually, nobody paid attention to the NCAA tournament until the early 60's. That's when it was first televised. And even then, it was only the final game. Eddie Einhorn -- you may have heard of him -- owned the company that was the driving force behind putting those games on television.

If you really want to point to when the tournament took off, it was 1981 when there were 3 buzzer-beaters in the span of a couple hours. So, "a million years" in the public consciousness is more accurately 25.

Actually, nobody paid attention to the NCAA tournament until the early 60's. That's when it was first televised. And even then, it was only the final game. Eddie Einhorn -- you may have heard of him -- owned the company that was the driving force behind putting those games on television.

If you really want to point to when the tournament took off, it was 1981 when there were 3 buzzer-beaters in the span of a couple hours. So, "a million years" in the public consciousness is more accurately 25.

hmmmm maybe i shoulda put a million years in green....all i know is that its been around a lot longer than the wbc and thats the point i was trying to make to bones or whatever his name is

The Olympics have been around for much longer than the NCAA tournament. I believe that there was a total of 2 threads on the Olympics. Most American sports fans don't care a lot about international competitions.

Who the hell brought up the Olympics. Have you checked the ratings? Obviously you haven't because they have been very good for the WBC, which shows that most americans do care about their team not the olympics. Dude this isn't the Olympics. Where in the letters WBC is the word Olympics. Comparing the NCAA Tournament and the Olympics errrr im sure you meant WBC is dumb dumb dumb. I feel dumber now for having to correct you on such a idiotic statement.

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
Who the hell brought up the Olympics.  Have you checked the ratings?  Obviously you haven't because they have been very good for the WBC, which shows that most americans do care about their team not the olympics.  Dude this isn't the Olympics.  Where in the letters WBC is the word Olympics.  Comparing the NCAA Tournament and the Olympics errrr im sure you meant WBC is dumb dumb dumb.  I feel dumber now for having to correct you on such a idiotic statement.

per ESPN

Avg WBC game rating 1.8

Avg NBA game rating 1.6

Avg NHL game rating 1.0