Vinatieri to the....Colts?

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
You cannot trade kickers in the NFL, right?  I don't see why they would get rid of vanderjagt, he was a pretty solid kicker besides the AFC Champ. game where he blew the 40 whatever yard FG.

That's exactly why they're getting rid of Vanderjagt. What good is a kicker that can't kick late field goals in huge games?

As far as that goes, Vinatieri is the exact opposite. There is about no one in the NFL you'd rather see kicking for you in that situation.

Imagine if the Vikings had a kicker that could make clutch field goals in 1998...I don't think John Elway goes out on top. That's how crucial a clutch kicker is.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
Wasn't Anderson perfect that whole season until that last kick? :lol:

Ya, I'm pretty sure he was

Kind of funny, cuz I was kind of on the Vikings bandwagon that year, and my dad is pretty much everything Minnesota sports(not crazy into it, but that's about all he ever cheers for)...and he said he had a dream one night where Anderson did exactly that. He did that and it was just like...oh s***.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Haha, and the Patriots just keep getting weaker.. muwhahahaha

They say that every year. And every year they reload. As long as Belichek is coaching and Brady is the QB, I wont count them out.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
It's possible the Colts and Patriots are just switching kickers. I believe I heard something about the Patriots being interested in Vanderjagt.

That would be hilarious, because you know that somewhere along the line, Vanderjagt would cost them an important game. It's a question of when, not if.