Are You Ready for Year of the Bandwagon?!

LVSoxFan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, if 15,000 people in attendance and empty parking lots were a good thing, then i understand your point. I love when the Cell is rocking, and I am glad bandwagoners are hopping on. The reason for this? Because they are hopping on because the Sox won the f***ING WORLD SERIES! Nothing can upset me!

I CANT f***ING WAIT TO HEAR THUNDERSTRUCK PIPING THROUGH THE STADIUM ON OPENING NIGHT AND THEN ON TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LESS THAN 1 WEEK AWAY THE WORLD CHAMPION WHITE SOX DEFEND THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP!! YEAH BABY!

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
Um, if 15,000 people in attendance and empty parking lots were a good thing, then i understand your point.  I love when the Cell is rocking, and I am glad bandwagoners are hopping on.  The reason for this?  Because they are hopping on because the Sox won the f***ING WORLD SERIES!  Nothing can upset me!

I CANT f***ING WAIT TO HEAR THUNDERSTRUCK PIPING THROUGH THE STADIUM ON OPENING NIGHT AND THEN ON TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LESS THAN 1 WEEK AWAY THE WORLD CHAMPION WHITE SOX DEFEND THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP!!  YEAH BABY!

Damn nice job dude, you just gave me goosebumps thinking about that. :gosox1:

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
THUNDERSTRUCK, not thundersticks.  you know that song, by AC/DC, that they play before every game??? 

Or did you not attend any? :bang

Read too fast. Still, thundersticks suck. Decent chance they pull them out for one of these games i imagine.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(kman @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
Damn nice job dude, you just gave me goosebumps thinking about that. :gosox1:

I get goosebumps everytime they crank that s*** and I hear Gene Honda announce those names.

Starting at first base, number 14, PAUL KONERKO

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
Read too fast. Still, thundersticks suck. Decent chance they pull them out for one of these games i imagine.

You made me look bad too by doing that. :angry: I didn't even read what steve said, just saw what you said.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
I agree, Thundersticks are for the college arenas.

Can i push it to high school?

I just don't like artificial noise, all game. I like loud clapping as a crowd during key spots, much better than the crowd sounding like 5 year olds with a stupid and annoying sound.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
Can i push it to high school?

I just don't like artificial noise, all game. I like loud clapping as a crowd during key spots, much better than the crowd sounding like 5 year olds with a stupid and annoying sound.

yeah, the weird "pong, pong, pong" sounds instead of roaring and clapping. I don't know though, I enjoyed wailing on those f***ers while wasted during NIU football games.

Don't get me wrong--I'm not being sour grapes because now the Sox have crowds, I'm just saying WOW--there did all these people COME from?

As for the other topics: THUNDERSTICKS SUCK. S U C K. Those are TOTALLY a California thing (Angels in particular). But for some reason they had them one night last year (I can't remember for whom--Boston?). It was embarassing. That is SO not us.

As for THUNDERSTRUCK, nothing rocks harder than when that comes on at the beginning of every game. I LIVE for that moment. Could not have picked a better song for the Sox--love it.

Thank the Lord it's also on the 2005 Season DVD as an extra, with the intros. Nice job!

The other thing that oughta be interesting now that everybody is a freakin' Sox fan is... Fight Club. Er, I mean 1/2 Price Mondays (1st rule about 1/2 Price Mondays... you do not talk about 1/2 price Mondays!). I wonder how packed that's gonna be now.

Last year I made it to 40 games. If I can just match that this year, I'll be happy. But I'm going to have to creative--a hell of a lot more than last year, me thinks.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
Piss right before the game, then after the game.  :bang

When i don't drink, which is often at the park, it can be done.

Also, i may have to try your "stay around after the game" thing to avoid let the red line die down, i plan to take the red line to most games this year after driving part of the way.

You can give the Green Line a try too. It's only a half a block further down.

And I'm all for more full houses. The playoffs were a blast.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
Don't get me wrong--I'm not being sour grapes because now the Sox have crowds, I'm just saying WOW--there did all these people COME from?

They came from the playoff tickets deal. And I'll bet that more then half of them don't give a s*** about the Sox or going to games. We have at least a dozen new sources for tickets between the bags this year.. any games we want. Sounds like some real dedicated bandwagon riders, eh..?

I don't care if they come or not. Got their $$ already. ;)