True sox fans

Bmr31

Or until they are contracted  :rolleyes:

Peter Gammons recently proposed just that. He said 4 teams should be contracted including the White Sox. He's a blowhard but he was right when said something is "terribly wrong" with the franchise.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Gammons recently proposed just that. He said 4 teams should be contracted including the White Sox. He's a blowhard but he was right when said something is "terribly wrong" with the franchise.

When did he say this. On BBTN, or in an article on ESPN.com. What's it matter He does know the difference between BA and ERA :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
f*** Gammons ... contract his beloved Boston f***ing Red Sox.

cant we just contract gammons instead????? hes got to be the biggest idiot on the face of the earth........id read marriotti (and i cant stand him at all) before id listen to a word that comes out of gammons mouth...........

cant we just contract gammons instead????? hes got to be the biggest idiot on the face of the earth........id read marriotti (and i cant stand him at all) before id listen to a word that comes out of gammons mouth...........

Agreed.

Atleast Mariotti recognizes good fans that follow their team no matter what and aren't just going to their game because "it's the cool thing to do."

Gammons is so f***ing stupid, he should be slapped several times...maybe it would un-sag his face.

It's these kinds of times that seperate real fans from casual fans.

And, from what I can tell, most have stuck around.  That's good to see.

You know what though....I wouldn't mind a winning streak.  Give us 5 or 6 in a row....and I'll be happy for about a week.

Guess what, I see one win and I start dreaming of us getting back into things and winning the division.....I just do not know if I can take this anymore though

I see most of the games through webcast and then highlights on wgn, but it is inevitable every time I see us with a man on base that I will read next that somebody popped to an infielder or grounded into DP

This team still keeps looking for the 10 run home run......they just cannot get their heads out of their asses

HOW MANY TIMES IN THIS INDIAN SERIES DID WE HAVE f***ING A MAN ON BASE WITH NO OUTS.....WHY THE f*** ARE WE NOT BUNTING? I DO NOT CARE WHO IS ON THE PLATE.....EVERYBODY FROM FRANK TO KONERKO TO LEE TO VALENTIN TO ORDONEZ SHOULD BE BUNTING AS SOON AS WE GET A MAN ON 1ST OR 2ND AND WITH LESS THAN TWO OUTS

THIS TEAM JUST DOES NOT GET IT.....f***ING LAZY ASSHOLES

ugh

It's these kinds of times that seperate real fans from casual fans.

And, from what I can tell, most have stuck around.  That's good to see.

You know what though....I wouldn't mind a winning streak.  Give us 5 or 6 in a row....and I'll be happy for about a week.

Guess what, I see one win and I start dreaming of us getting back into things and winning the division.....I just do not know if I can take this anymore though

I see most of the games through webcast and then highlights on wgn, but it is inevitable every time I see us with a man on base that I will read next that somebody popped to an infielder or grounded into DP

This team still keeps looking for the 10 run home run......they just cannot get their heads out of their asses

HOW MANY TIMES IN THIS INDIAN SERIES DID WE HAVE f***ING A MAN ON BASE WITH NO OUTS.....WHY THE f*** ARE WE NOT BUNTING? I DO NOT CARE WHO IS ON THE PLATE.....EVERYBODY FROM FRANK TO KONERKO TO LEE TO VALENTIN TO ORDONEZ SHOULD BE BUNTING AS SOON AS WE GET A MAN ON 1ST OR 2ND AND WITH LESS THAN TWO OUTS

THIS TEAM JUST DOES NOT GET IT.....f***ING LAZY ASSHOLES

ugh

All your answers can be summed up in one short phrase.

Manuel is a dips***

Gammons said the same about the Twins and look what happened. I don't think the sox will be contracted there one of the original teams. If anything Reinsdork has to sell to someone who wants to win and spend wisely on players, scouts and personel.

I love the one that said.. Contact the Sox and Bud Seligs living days are over...

ROFLMAO!

I traveled from Houston to Toronto last week for the first two games of the series. I can honestly say, I would have rather caught SARS than watched the 5 error outburst.

...there's a hope, maybe Kenny and Jerry will come down with something.

I've been a Sox fan for 40 years or so.  No reason to change now.  Someday, our dedication will be rewarded. At least, I hope it is.

Me too YASNY. Since 1959 and we have seen some good years and lots of fun some were, but a lot of disappointment to go along with it.

By the way I love your Gary Peters card and the Fox-Aparicio card on your posts. Joel Horlen was another favorite of mine (remember his '67 no-hitter versus the Tigers?)

Me too YASNY. Since 1959 and we have seen some good years and lots of fun some were, but a lot of disappointment to go along with it.

By the way I love your Gary Peters card and the Fox-Aparicio card on your posts. Joel Horlen was another favorite of mine (remember his '67 no-hitter versus the Tigers?)

Yes, I remember that game well. Jerry Lumpy or Gates Brown or some slow ass Tiger hit on up the middle that Wayne Causey made a helluva play late in the game to save the no-no. I still remember Jack Brickhouse yelling "Throw it Wayne!" as the play was happening. Good memory. Thanks.

BTW, in '59 I wasn't even 2 years old yet, but shortly thereafter, in those early years, I became a Sox fan. As long as I can remember.

Crap, the 67 Tigers were a good team too. Or wait, was that the 68 Tigers? You know, Bob Gibson winning three in the series, thirty wins for Denny...

without looking this up, 67, Boston won the AL and that was the year (I think) that Gibson had the 3 wins in the series. In 68 Detroit won the AL, future embezzler McClain won 30 or 31, but in the series, it was the rotund Mickey Lolich who won 3 games to enable the Tigers to win the world series. Interesting that Lolich went into the donut business after baseball and McClain is on work release from prison selling donuts... :lol: