Poor Sean Preston....

Steff

From Star Magazine's April 24 issue:

On April 7, when Britney Spears and Kevin Federline realized that their baby, Sean Preston, had been sleeping more than usual, panic bells went off. Just six days earlier, the 7-month-old had taken a major fall from his high chair, a tumble that had his parents worried that he might have been critically injured.

They had every right to fret. After rushing Sean to a nearby hospital, they discovered he had a minor skull fracture (sometimes called a "scalp fracture" in babies), and a blood clot. And the doctors weren't the only ones to take notice! The next day, the Department of Children and Family Services began looking into the incident.

THE FALLOUT

The Spears-Federline clan escaped disaster, but not their obligation to explain themselves to the authorities. On April 8, L.A. sheriff's deputies arrived at Britney's Malibu home to investigate a child-abuse claim against Britney and Kevin in relation to the head injury. Such an investigation isn't unusual. According to California law, whenever a baby is brought into the hospital with a serious injury, the Department of Children and Family Services is alerted.

http://www.starmagazine.com/news/61975

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
From Star Magazine's April 24 issue:

On April 7, when Britney Spears and Kevin Federline realized that their baby, Sean Preston, had been sleeping more than usual, panic bells went off. Just six days earlier, the 7-month-old had taken a major fall from his high chair, a tumble that had his parents worried that he might have been critically injured.

They had every right to fret. After rushing Sean to a nearby hospital, they discovered he had a minor skull fracture (sometimes called a "scalp fracture" in babies), and a blood clot. And the doctors weren't the only ones to take notice! The next day, the Department of Children and Family Services began looking into the incident.

THE FALLOUT

The Spears-Federline clan escaped disaster, but not their obligation to explain themselves to the authorities. On April 8, L.A. sheriff's deputies arrived at Britney's Malibu home to investigate a child-abuse claim against Britney and Kevin in relation to the head injury. Such an investigation isn't unusual. According to California law, whenever a baby is brought into the hospital with a serious injury, the Department of Children and Family Services is alerted.

http://www.starmagazine.com/news/61975

So... your baby falls out of a high chair, badly enough that you are worried about it being a "critical" injury... and you don't bring the child to the hospital until 6 days later?!?!

Who are these people?!

This is what happens when kids have kids. They are f***ing morons. How does someone with her resources not go to the hospital .00000001 seconds after her baby falls out of a f***ing highchair. I hope the DCFS levies bigtiime charges at the Popozao's, this isnt the first time they have put Sean Preston into harms way.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
This is what happens when kids have kids.  They are f***ing morons.  How does someone with her resources not go to the hospital .00000001 seconds after her baby falls out of a f***ing highchair.  I hope the DCFS levies bigtiime charges at the Popozao's, this isnt the first time they have put Sean Preston into harms way.

It's not age...just idiocy.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
This is what happens when kids have kids.  They are f***ing morons.  How does someone with her resources not go to the hospital .00000001 seconds after her baby falls out of a f***ing highchair.  I hope the DCFS levies bigtiime charges at the Popozao's, this isnt the first time they have put Sean Preston into harms way.

She's not a kid anymore. She's just s*** for brains.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
She's not a kid anymore. She's just s*** for brains.

yeah I know how old she is. She has never had to deal with any sort of reality for her whole life and is pretty stupid for it, apparently. Or its just the white trash shining through ;)

More legit source. No details like the previous one, but where there's smoke....

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12271806/

Child welfare officials visit Britney’s home

Sheriff's deputy also at Malibu estate, agency won’t give reason

Danny Moloshok / AP In February, the Department of Children and Family Services visited the Britney Spears' home after publication of photographs showing Spears driving with her then-4-month-old in her lap.

Updated: 5:18 p.m. ET April 11, 2006

MALIBU, Calif. - A sheriff's deputy joined child welfare officials during a weekend visit to the Malibu estate of pop singer Britney Spears, authorities said Tuesday.

There were no details about a possible investigation.

Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services officials asked the Lost Hills sheriff's station at about 1 p.m. Saturday for a deputy to accompany them to the Spears home, Lt. Debra Glaskides said.

"It's a very standard, routine patrol request," the lieutenant said. "We just roll out with them. We stood by, we took no action, no report or anything."

The Sheriff's Department said it was a DCFS matter and it couldn't release any information. The lieutenant said there may not even be a DCFS investigation, noting it may have been only a welfare check.

Louise Grasmehr, director of the Department of Children and Family Services, didn't return a telephone message left at her Los Angeles office. The department routinely refuses to discuss cases, citing confidentiality laws.

Telephone and e-mail messages left for Spears' New York publicist Leslie Sloan weren't returned.

In February, the Department of Children and Family Services visited the Spears home after publication of photographs showing Spears driving with her then-4-month-old son Sean Preston in her lap, rather than in a car seat as required by law.

The 24-year-old pop star later apologized, saying she did it because of a "horrifying, frightful encounter with the paparazzi."

The incident even caught the attention of U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta, who chided Spears during a Feb. 13 Philadelphia event marking Child Passenger Safety Week.

"Recent photos of Britney Spears driving with her infant son on her lap are troubling. And while Ms. Spears has acknowledged her mistake, her actions still send the wrong message to millions of her fans," Mineta said.

Does anyone notice the legit source says nothing about a scull injury... I'm sorry but until I read something saying the baby is injuried in something more reliable then a tabloid then i'm going to assume it's bulls*** like everything else they say... I mean if this kid were injured don't you think a more legit source would of picked up on it...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 02:38 AM)
Does anyone notice the legit source says nothing about a scull injury... I'm sorry but until I read something saying the baby is injuried in something more reliable then a tabloid then i'm going to assume it's bulls*** like everything else they say... I mean if this kid were injured don't you think a more legit source would of picked up on it...

You'd be hard pressed to find a "story" from the Star Mag that isn't true over the past year. They broke both Katie Holmes and Angelina's pregnancies weeks before anyone else. Just because they get it first, doesn't mean it's bulls***.

From Yahoo and the AP:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060412/ap_en_...DRrBHNlYwM3NjI-

Reports: Spears' Son Fell From High Chair Wed Apr 12, 6:02 AM ET

MALIBU, Calif. - Child welfare officials and a sheriff's deputy visited Britney Spears' home because her infant son was accidentally dropped from a high chair, People Magazine and the Los Angeles Times reported.

Six-month-old Sean Preston fell April 1 as his nanny was lifting him from the high chair and something in the chair snapped, People said Wednesday on its Web site. The infant slipped from her arms and fell, bruising his head on the floor, the magazine said.

Though a doctor examined the baby at the house, Spears and husband Kevin Federline took the baby to the emergency room to have him examined six days later, the report said.

Spears' attorney, Martin Singer, said in a statement that the hospital made a report to the Department of Children and Family Services as required by state law.

And in this one they state a doctor did examine him after it happened, something conveniently missing in other reports I have read on this.

She is clueless, but it seems like the media is going out of their way to make her look worse than she really is (not saying she is a good mother as I do not know her or the kid).

Don't know of a media outlet that doesn't take liberty with "source" information. Peter Jennings knows a thing or two about that...

Back to the point, six days before getting an x-ray of his skull, which was obviously injured.

I think the answer of how good her parenting skills is obvious.

Hmmm, she called a Doctor over immediately, which is what I would expect a celeb to do. No way she would want to go to the ER and have all the publicity. The Doctor said A-OK. How many parents would then go to the ER? If anything, I'd be upset with the initial diagnosis.

She's still not the brightest bulb on the string, too bad they can't augment her brains, but she did seek medical attention, the Doctor was wrong.

One here.

My kid or a kid I'm caring for hits their head on a floor, table, whatever, enough to leave a bruise - which is blood forming under the surface, and I'm taking them to the ER for an x-ray.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 07:19 AM)
One here.

My kid or a kid I'm caring for hits their head on a floor, table, whatever, enough to leave a bruise - which is blood forming under the surface, and I'm taking them to the ER for an x-ray.

And if the ER Doctor does not order the X-Ray? Presumably, this was their regular physician, someone they presumably would trust, and since he is making housecalls, I would assume, has decent credentials. I'm just saying I would follow the Doctors advice.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 07:27 AM)
:headshake

My wife is an x-ray tech and worked in Highland Park's ER. She has witnessed so many needless exams, exposing kids to needless radiation and other procedures. If you don't trust the Doctor why go to him?

Wouldn't you request a MRI which is better at detecting soft tissue problems? Why did you decide on an x-ray?

I kind of doubt the initial diagnosis/immediate doctor visit, to tell you the truth. Last time Britney pulled a stunt like this, she immediately blamed the paparrazzi, which we found out had nothing to do with the situation. I wouldnt put it past Duh Federlines to make up a story like this to divert attention from themselves and calm the situation down.

If the baby was taken to the ER, and the ER doctor said no cat-scan/x-ray, then I would be content(i guess). But the doctor who examined the baby had no access to machines like that, so he is going off of what? He looked at the bruise and said "He's fine"?

It would be interesting if the doctor who made the initial diagnosis comes out and says why he said its nothing to worry about.

The AP reported he was examined at the house, that Doctor could have told her to take the baby to the hospital and ordered an x-ray, same as if you visited your Doctor in his office. Doctors refer patients for additional tests all the time.

It is real easy to sit here and say I wouldn't have listened to that Doctor, I would have demanded this test or that test. But after raising two kids, and being in that position a couple times, if you trust your Doctor and have selected a good one, trusting his judgement is what I will do. But I have carefully selected a Doctor.

I was in a similar situation with my son who fell out of a shopping cart at Dominicks in Vernon Hills. We took him immediately to his Pediatrician in Lake Forest who examined him. He had a bump on his head and we were very concerned. His Doctor's advice was to observe him over the next 72 hours and bring him back if we noticed anything out of the ordinary and gave us a list of specific things to look for. That turned out to be the correct course of action.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 08:48 AM)
The AP reported he was examined at the house, that Doctor could have told her to take the baby to the hospital and ordered an x-ray, same as if you visited your Doctor in his office. Doctors refer patients for additional tests all the time.

It is real easy to sit here and say I wouldn't have listened to that Doctor, I would have demanded this test or that test. But after raising two kids, and being in that position a couple times, if you trust your Doctor and have selected a good one, trusting his judgement is what I will do. But I have carefully selected a Doctor.

I was in a similar situation with my son who fell out of a shopping cart at Dominicks in Vernon Hills. We took him immediately to his Pediatrician in Lake Forest who examined him. He had a bump on his head and we were very concerned. His Doctor's advice was to observe him over the next 72 hours and bring him back if we noticed anything out of the ordinary and gave us a list of specific things to look for. That turned out to be the correct course of action.

I imagine that would be the proper course of action and advice that a doctor would give. However, they gave that kid 6 days of la-la land, not 72 hours.