Let's talk about this starting pitching...

Steve9347

each pitcher has showed their potential this year, and each one can be one of the best pitchers in the game. Hopefully Freddy, Javy, and Jon can stay consistent. With the way the offense is producing all we need are some quality starts from these guys.

Right now I think its hard to dispute that we have the #1 rotation

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
Man, they've played some offensive powerhouses too

a few years ago we weren't beating the teams we were supposed to, now we are and you're going to say this s***? c'mon.

We don't make the schedules. Beat the guys you are supposed to and you'll be succesfull (see: 2005)

Just get the job done against the teams that can't score runs and the teams that we are supposed to beat....isn't that what we did last year. We don't need to win every series against the Ny's and Boston's of the league...but as long as we take out the lower teams we are all good. F*** offensive powerhouse teams, they are overrated.... its all about the pitching. Score one run more than the other team and you win the game. I was at my buddies house last night and they were watching the cubs game. The whole house was cubs fans. I will watch a cubs game and just root for the other team if I need to, but it was such a crappy game because it was a blowout. Who says offensive powerhouse's keep people interested in baseball. After the 4th inning I asked if I could get a Sox score and we saw that it was a 0-0 game in the 5th. That game stayed on until the finish even know they were all cubs fans. What keeps me interested in the game is if it is close and keeps you on the edge of your seat. And that is why the Sox were so fun to watch last year because they won all those 1 run games.

JiYea!!!!

P.S.

Kyle Orton #18 Altoona, Iowa

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
I don't care what anyone says.  It's impressive as f*** when you only give up 2 runs in 4 games.

the 1 run in a series was the fewest since at least the 70s according to the press pass. thats pretty impressive no matter who youre playing