Blogging Into the Future

Heads22

Any look at the new sports landscape that has blossomed on the internet would not be complete without a look at the blogosphere. Blogger.com has made it extremely easy for any Joe Sixpack to start up a site, while making it just as easy as clicking the mouse a few times for Mr. Sixpack to give his thoughts on last night's game.MORE

Just a thought --

It would be nice if there were a "reference" section of Soxtalk, with frequently requested items. A list of Sox blogs, links to message boards for other teams, etc. These items get requested every so often, and I have a couple of threads like that bookmarked, but it would be easier if they were just organized in one section of St. Either a locked thread with just one post, or a basic html linked from the front page, something like that.

Fwiw.

For those interested I'd like to throw my site into the mix: South Siders WPA

I was just talking to Jason about it and I know not everyone here is huge on stats, but figure at least a few people will find it interesting. I'm trying to log every game I can and welcome everyone's comments.

I'm planning on adding a SoxTalk specific post later this week, as I've actually had a couple of Japanese Sox fans e-mail regarding the site and I've referred them over here.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
For those interested I'd like to throw my site into the mix: South Siders WPA

I was just talking to Jason about it and I know not everyone here is huge on stats, but figure at least a few people will find it interesting.  I'm trying to log every game I can and welcome everyone's comments.

I'm planning on adding a SoxTalk specific post later this week, as I've actually had a couple of Japanese Sox fans e-mail regarding the site and I've referred them over here.

I'd never seen it before, but that's a pretty good idea, and I like the blog. I know Cheat has blogged before on this idea, but it's one of my favorite baseball stats ideas, so a whole blog dedicated to/documenting it sounds awfully interesting. :cheers

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
I'd never seen it before, but that's a pretty good idea, and I like the blog.  I know Cheat has blogged before on this idea, but it's one of my favorite baseball stats ideas, so a whole blog dedicated to/documenting it sounds awfully interesting.  :cheers

Thanks. :cheers

Cheat was definitely one of the first introductions I had to it. I didn't see anyone doing it regularly and I actually have quite a bit of fun doing it.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
Ok, all 6 blogs are linked. if any of you have any other ideas for links, just click "web links" on the front page and hit "add link". We'll review it and add it....

Another category for message boards of other teams would be useful.

I don't often get to be so pushy. :P