Uribe's leg kick from last year

joeynach

Yeah, I'm wondering when Juan is going to realize this.

On the otehr hand, I find it sad that BA is being targeted for going down to AAA by Ozzie, but Uribe is just as brutal, if not a bit worse, and nothing's said about him. If Ozzie sends down BA... I dunno...

I was also wondering if Uribes uncharacteristic defensive lapses recently are stemming from his physical condition. To me he seems about 10 pounds bigger (fatter) than last year. It might explain some aberrations in his routine defense with different ranges of motion being heavier than normal. Just wondering if thats my mind trying put something together or if there is anything to this thought??

Well, well, welll, so suddenly everyone is on the 'Uribe's hitting sux' kick eh? I was saying it all of last year, but since he was lighting it up for a while, no one listened. There is nothing in his approach or form that should make him a good hitter. When he gets hot it's the ball hitting his bat, not the other way around.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 29, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Well, well, welll, so suddenly everyone is on the 'Uribe's hitting sux' kick eh? I was saying it all of last year, but since he was lighting it up for a while, no one listened. There is nothing in his approach or form that should make him a good hitter. When he gets hot it's the ball hitting his bat, not the other way around.

I'm going to totally disagree here. Uribe has went on streaks the last two years where he just creamed the ball, it's not just the ball hitting the bat.

Now, Juan definitely has one horrible approach up there but he's capable of being a good hitter when he's not pulling off the ball like tomorrow. When Juan consistantly hits the ball with authority to right is when he's very dangerous.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 29, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
I'm going to totally disagree here. Uribe has went on streaks the last two years where he just creamed the ball, it's not just the ball hitting the bat.

Now, Juan definitely has one horrible approach up there but he's capable of being a good hitter when he's not pulling off the ball like tomorrow. When Juan consistantly hits the ball with authority to right is when he's very dangerous.

Hopefully you're right and we see that guy consistently. Right now he's lost, all I see is him closing his eyes and swinging as hard as he can just in case he hits it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 30, 2006 -> 04:08 AM)

You mean the same person that so many people on soxtalk said they would hate to lose in a possible trade with Tejada? :P