AL All-Star Ballot Update

Controlled Chaos

And representing the AL - Boston and New York!!

AMERICAN LEAGUE ALL-STAR BALLOTING UPDATE

May 31, 2006

First Base

1. David Ortiz, Red Sox 451,431

2. Jason Giambi, Yankees 321,653

3. Paul Konerko, White Sox 206,472

4. Travis Hafner, Indians 154,878

5. Chris Shelton, Tigers 153,197

Second Base

1. Robinson Cano, Yankees 289,394

2. Mark Loretta, Red Sox 257,125

3. Tadahito Iguchi, White Sox 246,838

4. Brian Roberts, Orioles 130,702

5. Placido Polanco, Tigers 129,596

Third Base

1. Alex Rodriguez, Yankees 524,153

2. Mike Lowell, Red Sox 224,611

3. Joe Crede, White Sox 171,954

4. Eric Chavez, Athletics 167,020

5. Troy Glaus, Blue Jays 145,243

Shortstop

1. Derek Jeter, Yankees 537,218

2. Miguel Tejada, Orioles 370,078

3. Michael Young, Rangers 142,254

4. Alex Gonzalez, Red Sox 130,616

5. Juan Uribe, White Sox 121,304

Catcher

1. Jason Varitek, Red Sox 335,417

2. Ivan Rodriguez, Tigers 277,034

3. Jorge Posada, Yankees 241,736

4. Victor Martinez, Indians 196,987

5. A.J. Pierzynski, White Sox 180,562

Outfield

1. Manny Ramirez, Red Sox 516,658

2. Vladimir Guerrero, Angels 514,013

3. Johnny Damon, Yankees 393,643

4. Ichiro Suzuki, Mariners 279,843

5. Gary Sheffield, Yankees 275,688

6. Vernon Wells, Blue Jays 242,211

7. Hideki Matsui, Yankees 231,777

8. Scott Podsednik, White Sox 195,402

9. Coco Crisp, Red Sox 189,680

10. Jermaine Dye, White Sox 183,160

11. Trot Nixon, Red Sox 177,745

12. Torii Hunter, Twins 169,937

13. Grady Sizemore, Indians 137,716

14. Jonny Gomes, Devil Rays 132,264

15. Kevin Mench, Rangers 131,779

Edited by Controlled Chaos

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
Don't worry...there's still 1 position not listed there, and I think we have an ideal candidate to start at that spot.

I don't know. I'm afraid they'll overlook Pablo.

I know who you're talking about. :P

I realize that there is already an All star game thread, however i wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. Its early i know, but as of right now, other than vlad guerero, either a red sox or yankee is the leading vote getter in every postion. In fact even the 2nd place vote getter (except SS..miguel tejada) in each position is a red sox or yankee. something must be done.....

Hafner, Konerko >>> Ortiz

Iguchi >>> Loretta, Cano

Crede, Gaus >>> Lowell

Wells >>> Damon, Sheffield, Ramirez, Suzuki

Dye >>> Damon, Sheffield, Ramirez, Suzuki

All Sox players have to do is be in the top 3-4-5 as we near July and the votes will begin to even out. Early on in the voting fans tend to vote strickly for the players on their own team, once we get closer to the All-Star game the more deserving players tend to rise to the top.

Sox players have already gotten a ton of votes Konerko, Iguchi and Crede are all 3rd at their positions and Uribe and Pierz are 5th. The real shame is Dye at 10, the guy is having an amazing year and still doesn't get any recognition.

Though he's not having a great year by any means, I find it cool that Uribe's getting a little dap now that people have seen him in October, etc.

And it is a shame that Dye continues to be overlooked/underappreciated. He's really taken for granted a lot of the time, but he just continues to contribute.

wow, thats crazy. every position player is from the yanks or red sox...whats new?

robinson cano??? stupid s***. u know when yankee fans vote, they chose a yankee at every position, same for the red sox. :angry: ........... :rolly

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 31, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
wow, thats crazy. every position player is from the yanks or red sox...whats new?

robinson cano??? stupid s***. u know when yankee fans vote, they chose a yankee at every position, same for the red sox. :angry: ........... :rolly

Ya I voted for every sox player even Anderson.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
Matsui probably cant fill out his own ballot this year with his broken wrist... :rolly

Zing! :lolhitting , i agree though Dye is tearing the cover off the ball.

Every year we have to put up with this Crap. I think it's a shame that the NFL has the best way of electing it's All-Stars yet no one watches and the MLB has the worst way of electing All-Stars and it gets the best ratings.

Varitek is hitting .240 and he leads? Matsui is hitting .261 in 32 Games. This is why fans cannot be relied upon.

Edited by pcullotta

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 31, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)

Not every position player, but most of them (Vlad is the only one that's not :P)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
Hafner, Konerko >>> Ortiz

Iguchi >>> Loretta, Cano

Crede, Gaus >>> Lowell

Wells >>> Damon, Sheffield, Ramirez, Suzuki

Dye >>> Damon, Sheffield, Ramirez, Suzuki

All Sox players have to do is be in the top 3-4-5 as we near July and the votes will begin to even out. Early on in the voting fans tend to vote strickly for the players on their own team, once we get closer to the All-Star game the more deserving players tend to rise to the top.

Sox players have already gotten a ton of votes Konerko, Iguchi and Crede are all 3rd at their positions and Uribe and Pierz are 5th. The real shame is Dye at 10, the guy is having an amazing year and still doesn't get any recognition.

I agree with you mostly, except for Crede. Lowell is having a better offensive year AND he is a gold glove winner.

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ May 31, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
I agree with you mostly, except for Crede. Lowell is having a better offensive year AND he is a gold glove winner.

Haha, you act like Gold Gloves mean something. Do yourself a favor and ignore that little fact, GGs are completely useless. Unless of course you think Palmero deserved his and Hunter deserved his last year then more power to ya.

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)

If I took a dump and handed it to Derek Jeter on a plaque, it would mean roughly as much as a gold glove award does these days.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
Haha, you act like Gold Gloves mean something. Do yourself a favor and ignore that little fact, GGs are completely useless. Unless of course you think Palmero deserved his and Hunter deserved his last year then more power to ya.

Perhaps, but Lowell's numbers are still better than Crede's. Or do numbers not matter either?

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ May 31, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Perhaps, but Lowell's numbers are still better than Crede's. Or do numbers not matter either?

His numbers aren't that much better than Crede's to make up for the fact that Crede probably plays the best defense at 3B in the AL and possibly 2nd behind Rolen for all of baseball.

Defense should mean something when it comes to this.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
Ya I voted for every sox player even Anderson.

wow, who would vote for uribe and why? :bang

my votes:

c-martinez

1b-paulie

2b-roberts

3b-crede

ss-tejada

of-manny

of-vlad

of-dye

thome as my write in because obviously he should go

Edited by Melissa1334