Sammy gets 8 games

southsider2k5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

MLB may be stupid...but they aren't suicidal.

Dude there are cover ups everywhere you look. I believe, without a doubt, if they found more corked bats they would cover it up. It would tarnish the game.

Dude there are cover ups everywhere you look.  I believe, without a doubt, if they found more corked bats they would cover it up.  It would tarnish the game.

Short term, yes, it would tarnish the game. Long term, baseball would be fine if they dealt with it in a HARSH and UNPRECIDENTED manner.

Covering it up would be like putting a band-aid on a huge gash. The band-aid would hold on for a little while, but if it ever were to let go, the flood gates would open and baseball would be SCREWED.

I could be way off base with this, but like I said, I don't think baseball would risk losing all credibility for any single player outside of Cal when he was chasing Gehrig.

"He said in an interview with The Indianapolis Star last summer that when he picks up a bat, he knows instantly whether it meets his custom specifications. ''I know,'' he said. ''I just know.''

How was it a mistake??? He "knows". :huh:

Those who believe one word of the s*** that came out of his mouth are stupid idiots.

Reading comprehension issue??

Did I specifically call someone an idiot?

Semantics -- hypocrite.

LOL.. can't wait to reply to me can you?

Get a life you f***ing idiot!!

No mistake there, eh?? I didn't want you to have to think if it was or wasn't.. ;)

No mistake there, eh?? I didn't want you to have to think if it was or wasn't..  ;)

No, your continued hypocriSy isn't a mistake -- it's a sickness, and you cannot help yourself.

No offense taken, though, as you clearly have issues.

And perhaps you should join me in my search for a life, as you are replying right along with me. I'm just sitting here waiting to head out to Dodger Stadium, and I don't have much else to do -- what's your excuse?

Edited by clujer420

No mistake there, eh?? I didn't want you to have to think if it was or wasn't..  ;)

No, your continued hypocricy isn't a mistake -- it's a sickness, and you cannot help yourself.

And perhaps you should join me in my search for a life, as you are replying right along with me. I'm just sitting here waiting to head out to Dodger Stadium, and I don't have much else to do -- what's your excuse?

Guys cmon with the no lives thing. If someone finds enjoyment in posting on these sites, more power to them. Whatever makes ya happy. The things that many people do that causes them to think they have a life, are actually very destructive.

Dude there are cover ups everywhere you look.  I believe, without a doubt, if they found more corked bats they would cover it up.  It would tarnish the game.

BMR , I agree Sosa has over 400 bats in locker room and they took 76, If they found anything we would not know. It would kill MLB 1 month from allstar game.

No, your continued hypocricy isn't a mistake -- it's a sickness, and you cannot help yourself.

Guys cmom with the no lives thing. If someone finds enjoyment in posting on these sites, more power to them. Whatever makes ya happy.

The whole "get a life" attack is asinine because while the person makes that statement, they are doing the VERY thing they are attacking the other person for doing.

Some people... :huh:

BMR , I agree Sosa has over 400 bats in locker room and they took 76, If they found anything we would not know. It would kill MLB 1 month from allstar game.

I don't understand why you think that 1 person cheating would kill MLB.

The ONLY way this could cause major damage to the game is if the game itself takes an active role in a coverup.

Guys cmom with the no lives thing. If someone finds enjoyment in posting on these sites, more power to them. Whatever makes ya happy.

The whole "get a life" attack is asinine because while the person makes that statement, they are doing the VERY thing they are attacking the other person for doing.

LOL. Well i have said it before too. But Ive realized how dumb it is. Many people post from work. Others are just bored, like me. I have other choices, but those choices are probably not good ones. Id rather be bored than broke, dead, in an unhappy relationship, or an alcoholic. :huh:

:lol: Or all of the above

LOL. Well i have said it before too. But Ive realized how dumb it is. Many people post from work. Others are just bored, like me. I have other choices, but those choices are probably not good ones. Id rather be bored than broke, dead, in an unhappy relationship, or an alcoholic. :huh:

Heh, agreed.

I got off of work a few hours ago, but I had a few things to do (pick up car from mechanic, rob an old lady to help pay for the repairs, have the rig washed, went to Dodger Stadium to pick up my tickets, etc), and now I'm just sitting around.

I would agree with the "get a life" tactic if someone were here for like 10 hours a day and posted 100's of posts per week, but nobody (that I know of) falls into that category.

Excellent everyone's favorite psycologist is back. Shame I have to go I would hate to miss a real gem. Steff don't bother. It's not worth the wear on your keyboard to respond to his crap.

Excellent everyone's favorite psycologist is back.  Shame I have to go I would hate to miss a real gem.  Steff don't bother. It's not worth the wear on your keyboard to respond to his crap.

And look, it's everyone's favorite spelling bee champion. Proof-reading is an underrated aspect of owning a computer.

Excellent everyone's favorite psycologist is back. Shame I have to go I would hate to miss a real gem. Steff don't bother. It's not worth the wear on your keyboard to respond to his crap.

But it's soooo funny to see his responses?!?!

"I know you are but what am I" doesn't even come close ;)

But it's soooo funny to see his responses?!?!

"I know you are but what am I" doesn't even come close ;)

There is nothing funny about your hypocritical ways nor Mathew's inept spelling.

The ONLY way this could cause major damage to the game is if the game itself takes an active role in a coverup.

Baseball would lose all the magic of 98 , i do not agree with it but they will cover for Shamme :angry:

Baseball would lose all the magic of 98 , i do not agree with it but they will cover for Shamme :angry:

If we were in the year 1999 or 2000, I might agree. But we're in 2003 -- the HR race of '98 was 5 years ago.