Leyritz admits Amphetimine Use

Balta1701

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
Exactly my point as well.

True, but here's what some people see as a difference -- say you're a .280 hitter. You come in with a hangover and totally out of it. You can't even freaking focus to see the ball coming at you in BP. Then you take a few greenies, you get in the game, you're your usual self, playing at the top of your .280-hitter game. Maybe you get a hit and draw a walk and you don't actually fall down on the basepaths -- pretty good, considering what a mess you were a few hours ago.

But the greenies didn't make you better than you could be if you weren't hungover as hell. If you'd gone to bed on time, not gotten wasted, and shown up ready to play, you could have had the same day.

Now, if you take HGH and 'roids, you stop being a .280 hitter and become a .330 hitter -- not just for one game, for the *season*, and beyond. And some people say that's quite different.

That's all I was trying to point out, not that one is okay and the other isn't, at all.

Edited by henry wiggins

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
I remember my dad saying "Anderson had to be cheating somehow, I've never seen a guy that sucks hit 50 homers" immediately after that season he did it (1996 or 1997). Turns out he was right.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he sucked. He was an all star a few times, and usually had a decent average and stole some bases.

As far as Leyritz, it always seemed like he got better in the post season, did he increase his usage then or what?

Baseball is a 162 game season for a reason, what that reason is I don't know. But its part of the game. If you can't handle 162 games ask for a day off, don't use speed. And many of you are greatly, greatly undervaluing to use of it. You take spped before your workouts to give you that extra kick. It helps you work out faster and harder, thus making your workout better, thus gaining more strength and power. It also helps build your fast twitch muscles (sp?) which is what a player uses to break on the ball, get out of the box, steal a base, etc. There is a reason they are illieagal.

Speed is a performing enhancing drug. Steroids are performance enhancing drugs. The difference is one helps you over time, the other helps you immediately.

So the one that helps you immediately isn't cheating, but the one that helps you over time is?

You either agree that better play through chemistry is cheating or its not. I don't see a grey area here.

For the record, I don't think its cheating. Because steroids and amphetamines don't make you see the ball better, you might hit a little harder or run a little faster - but to me there's no difference to that than to getting Lasik to enhance sight that's already fine. (That happens a lot too.)

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
Speed is a performing enhancing drug. Steroids are performance enhancing drugs. The difference is one helps you over time, the other helps you immediately.

So the one that helps you immediately isn't cheating, but the one that helps you over time is?

You either agree that better play through chemistry is cheating or its not. I don't see a grey area here.

For the record, I don't think its cheating. Because steroids and amphetamines don't make you see the ball better, you might hit a little harder or run a little faster - but to me there's no difference to that than to getting Lasik to enhance sight that's already fine. (That happens a lot too.)

HGH improves your eyesight so yes, it does improve how you see the ball.