Thomas to Stay at First

Cali

From CS.com

Good Idea Jerry...

Especially with these number since getting time at first since May 28th:

Thomas is batting .472 (17-for-36) with five doubles, four homers and 12 RBIs during 10 games at first. His eight walks give him a .619 on-base percentage.

From CS.com

Good Idea Jerry...

Thomas is batting .472 (17-for-36) with five doubles, four homers and 12 RBIs during 10 games at first. His eight walks give him a .619 on-base percentage.

Why does Frank sound so reluctant?? Is he afraid he can't handle 1B and would embarass himself?

From CS.com

Good Idea Jerry...

Why does Frank sound so reluctant?? Is he afraid he can't handle 1B and would embarass himself?

Doesn't sound very reluctant to me.

And he's only made 1 bad play since being moved over there, so I doubt he's afraid he'll embarass himself.

Guest hotsoxchick1

im glad hes stayin at 1st... gives him a chance to showcase and get the heck out of town.......besides he always hits better when he plays in the field......good luck to him............ :D

From CS.com

Good Idea Jerry...

And he's only made 1 bad play since being moved over there, so I doubt he's afraid he'll embarass himself.

Said a somewhat reluctant Thomas: "That's OK. I don't think it will be every day."

Sounds reluctant to me.

For all he's done over the years for this team if Frank wants to play shortstop I'd let him. Fortunately he's smart enough not to. My favorite scene this season was Frank sprawled out at first from reaching (successfully) for a throw from 3rd. That was the biggest smile I've seen on his face in years.

I wonder what kind of career numbers Frank would of had if he played his career in the NL?

Guest wsc425

Frank deserves to play 1b after his miraculous weekend.

Paulie needs a nice week off, so then Tony can play DH, and then Walker can work with Graffanino.

From CS.com

Good Idea Jerry...

Said a somewhat reluctant Thomas: "That's OK. I don't think it will be every day."

Sounds reluctant to me.

Like I said, doesn't sound very reluctant to me.

For all he's done over the years for this team if Frank wants to play shortstop I'd let him. Fortunately he's smart enough not to. My favorite scene this season was Frank sprawled out at first from reaching (successfully) for a throw from 3rd. That was the biggest smile I've seen on his face in years.

I wonder what kind of career numbers Frank would of had if he played his career in the NL?

That was an INCREDIBLE play by Frank. I believe it was in the first Dodger game, right? I couldn't believe he made it, and he was the happiest guy in the world at that moment.

That was an INCREDIBLE play by Frank. I believe it was in the first Dodger game, right? I couldn't believe he made it, and he was the happiest guy in the world at that moment.

That's one advantage that Frank does have on GIDPaul: height. He can stretch for so many more balls than PK can, and that (coupled with Jose's arm) can account for probably 5 or 6 baserunners a week. It means more range in getting those errant throws from the left of the infield, and it also means, when the throw's on the mark, it gets to his glove slightly quicker.