Official Game Thread 6/28 - Sox vs Pirates 6:05

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
f***...Ozzie with some dumb decisions here.

In a situation where you need contact, Thome might not be the ultimate guy to use. Pods with a great hit though, so we get the lead!!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
Way to come through, Pods.

And since I wasn't around, great job on the comeback earlier in the inning.

We b****ed and moaned enough to get the players to finally start hitting the ball the opposite way.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
Bad approach by Thome. He just needed to put it in play, not kill it.

Thome is a live by the sword, die by the sword hitter. He swings hard, when he makes contact he kills it, when he doesnt he Ks. He is your throwback, power hitter.

I can deal with him King. I was worried more that Marty Party would bean him with his pathetic lefty on lefty control.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
Hey Fathom, I've been meaning to ask

How'd it go at the Sox game when your favorite player blasted off of Pettitte?

I root for the Sox first, no matter what. I was thrilled when he hit the homer.

one would think that the faith in a team that had just won 10 out of 11 games would go a little farther than it did in this game thread

but there you have it, we had people jumping off of buildings once again in the 6th inning

I just don't understand why certain people's faith in this team is paper thin

I'm not putting myself on some high ground here, this looked like a loss to me too, sure

but I don't get the perspective of people who want to blow up a few bad innings into a much bigger deal than it is

it's happened in numerous game threads this season, especially recently

I personally think it stems from the uneasiness of the Tigers constantly being in front of us

I don't agree with the way Ozzie has managed the top of the 7th.

When Capps came in, why not pinch hit Mack for Anderson?

Then, after he announced Thome and Marte came in, why not pinch hit Ozuna?

I guarantee Mack against a righty and Ozuna against a lefty would be a much better matchup than BA against a rightie and Thome against a lefty would could, and did, strike him out.

Lucky Pods bailed Ozzie out with a single off Marte.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
one would think that the faith in a team that had just won 10 out of 11 games would go a little farther than it did in this game thread

but there you have it, we had people jumping off of buildings once again in the 6th inning

I'm not putting myself on some high ground here, this looked like a loss to me too, sure

but I don't get the perspective of people who want to blow up a few bad innings into a much bigger deal than it is

I personally think it stems from the uneasiness of the Tigers constantly being in front of us

I'll gladly admit we're probably the most spoiled fans in all of baseball (especially with the Braves sucking this year).

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
I know one category Pods MUST lead the leauge in ...

Three....picked-off, strike outs looking, and errors by a LF. :P

Good job Pods with the hit!

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)

It's mind boggling.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)

I have high expectations for our team. I believe our offense should be able to throttle teams like this. I think the team loses focus when they play bad teams. Our team is top tier, and this one is bottom tier. I have had a frustration for years with our inability to beat the crappy teams we should beat. It has been a problem for a while. This year because the tigers are doing well, we need to get some of these wins against bad teams.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
Montero in the game? Are you f***ing kidding me?

I thought he punched his ticket when he let up all of the inherited runners the other night.