Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 08:05 PM)
Re-running Stephanie's f***ing horrible promo on SmackDown.

What a waste of airtime.

PLEASE let this stupid storyline reach its inevitably disappointing and ridiculous conclusion SOON.

Edited to include the most important word of that last sentence.

Hope it ends Monday. If they did it to kill off the Mr. McMahon character, fine, but lets get the killer on Monday and move on.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
Hope it ends Monday. If they did it to kill off the Mr. McMahon character, fine, but lets get the killer on Monday and move on.

I'd love that, but I think their hack soap opera writers have a lot of "dramatic twists and turns" in store for us.

Ah well, I need my sleep on Monday nights anyway.... :)

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
It seems a lot of people like myself on here have memberships or read wrestling websites regularly but when news is reported, I think we should mention where we've heard it from as a way to differentiate reputable sites like the Observer & PWInsider from all the bad ones out there.

I've been going to a site called wrestlingattitude.com, they get their news from the observer and PWI. Rarely have they given out false info.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)

I've read they would like it to last til the Great American Bash...I doubt I can deal with another week of it rather than an entire month.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 12:37 AM)
I've been going to a site called wrestlingattitude.com, they get their news from the observer and PWI. Rarely have they given out false info.

I'm a Lords Of Pain guy. I find them accurate and quick with the news.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
Why is the internet marking out for Austin Aries signing with ROH again? He was nothing special from what I saw in TNA.

Because his matches in ROH from Generation Next to his most recent title match against Morishima are damn good.

TNA never had enough time or allowed Aries to be pushed.

When Aries came into the ring, the roof nearly blew off the place. It was electric in there live.

Here's a little quality Aries to wet your whistle to his ROH style.

Aries vs CM Punk (Death Before Dishonor III) http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...ries-vs-cm-punk

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 11:34 AM)
That ROH live show was amazing.

Show started with a 6 man tag of Delirious/Resilience vs NRC. The place almost had the roof blow off of it when Aries came in.

Even the SHIMMER match was entertaining. The show was so damn awesome. I can't wait to see it on DVD.

I read the Briscoes/Generico & Steen match was insane, without giving spots away....can you give me the awesomeness of this match.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
I read the Briscoes/Generico & Steen match was insane, without giving spots away....can you give me the awesomeness of this match.

It was incredible. The match was so well done and the near falls/action kept everybody on their feet wanting more. It was really damn cool. The ending of the match was fantastic. It wasn't the best match I've ever seen but it was damn good and an especially good way to start the feud.

KENTA/AmDrag was fantastic. Even the botches were flawless because they got changed into different moves on the fly.

The only somewhat disappointing match was Marufuji vs Whitmer. Nobody has any reason to care about Whitmer.

Some comedy stuff too when Jimmy came out and there was a big "You got laid!" chant for him. And Adam Pearce was f***ing gold. It was hilarious.

Hero and Nigel was good too. Bobby Dempsey doing the lunges and calisthenics at ringside was fun. Sweet and Sour Inc. is really turning in to a good stable to get some of the established stars and some of the students over as well.

Castagnoli and Sydal was another solid match. The finish was breathtaking. The start of the match was pretty funny. CC started pointing to different sides of the ring and there was a "Heeeeyyyy!" accompanied by every point from the audience. Then he got everybody doing the wave for some reason. During the match, he stopped and was asking the crowd for what moves they wanted to see. It was like "Bicycle kick?" and then gauged the audience reaction to the suggestion before going for it. It was hilarious. But such quality wrestling from the Most Money Making Man.

And ROH is taping the 3rd PPV in Chicago on Sept. 15.

Overall, it was a damn solid show without a lot of holes in it at all. Plus, it was fun of being like one of the two dozen people there cheering for Hero in his match and giving a standing ovation for the multiple uses of the cravate.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)
That was a PPV taping, right? How big is the building they run in?

There were about 900-1000 in there comfortably for the show. When they ran Supercard of Honor there during WrestleMania when it was in Chicago, they had 1800+ in there somehow.

The PPV was quite solid and definitely worth the $10 for it.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 02:31 AM)
Here's a little quality Aries to wet your whistle to his ROH style.

Aries vs CM Punk (Death Before Dishonor III) http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...ries-vs-cm-punk

I could see how different he is in ROH than TNA. The thing with TNA is they have totally ignored the X Division which is what brought a lot of fans in and that is the style that it seems Aries would wrestle.

I never saw Samoa Joe in ROH but it seems their matches are faster paced for smaller guys and unless you work with another guy who can do that style, it is hard for those guys to move on to TNA or the E. If ROH got big and became national, that would be good for the business. I do like the mentality towards the business they have and wish it was more like that in the other promotions.

thanks for the ROH report - maybe I'll make it out for the Sept 15th show. But is that right - two PPV tapings in a row there?

As for Vengeance, Mike Johnson at PWInsider reported the plan yesterday was for Sgt. Slaughter & Jimmy Snuka to wrestle Deuce & Domino - so we'll see.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
thanks for the ROH report - maybe I'll make it out for the Sept 15th show. But is that right - two PPV tapings in a row there?

As for Vengeance, Mike Johnson at PWInsider reported the plan yesterday was for Sgt. Slaughter & Jimmy Snuka to wrestle Deuce & Domino - so we'll see.

Yes. They taped the 2nd PPV last night and announced that Chicago gets the 3rd PPV on Sept. 15 as well.

Snuka & Slaughter are confirmed by Meltzer to be backstage at the PPV, problem is Snuka is moving around very poorly. This will be interesting.

Edge/Batista to end the show.

Original plans called for Umaga/Marella to end in DQ

Chris Benoit had a family emergency last night and had to fly back to Atlanta, it's expected that he'll make it in time for the event. But it's still touch and go.

per wrestlingobserver.com

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)
I wonder if the crowd live s*** on this match as much as it sounds like they did.

During the first moments of the match they had a pretty good "We want Benoit!" chant going.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
Look, man, I don't give a s*** about wrestling matches - I just gotta know:

DID THEY FIND VINCE'S "KILLER" YET??????

Critic, I know you're all broken up about Vinny Mac kicking the bucket...but you've gotta be strong for all of us