Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

Guest $I Need Money$
HANGING ROCK — Two wrestling superstars from Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment may be tough in the ring, but they didn’t have enough muscle to escape drug charges after being stopped Sunday night by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Robert Alex Szatowski, aka WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam, and Terry Michael Brunk, aka Sabu, also a former ECW champion, were pulled over on U.S. 52, near Patrick Street in Hanging Rock at about 10:15 p.m. The two were apparently driving from their performances at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena earlier in the evening.

According to the OSHP, Szatowski was initially stopped for speeding. When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP. Both were cited and posted bond at the scene.

smoking.gif

I f***ed up the title it should be "RVD"

Edited by $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)
The punishment is in for RVD - he just jobbed away both belts and was suspended for 30 days.

I'm interested in seeing if Sabu gets a pink slip, since he has no history with WWE.

word is he's been tellin people he doesnt think he's gonna be around much longer anyway...

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
word is he's been tellin people he doesnt think he's gonna be around much longer anyway...

He must've known that he was gonna drive around with drug works and pills in the car....

:D

It's just kinda stupid of him to f*** up the first chance at making decent money from wrestling.

The guy seems like a giant head case, just from following his career.

Totally shoots himself in the foot at every turn.

RVD jobbed the WWE title and the ECW title on successive nights. They had to re-write Raw and ECW to take the straps off of him.

Van Dam and Sabu are lucky to keep their jobs with the new wellness policy that WWE has in place.

Everybody knew Van Dam lit up. Hell, last year at the One Night Stand PPV, Heyman cracked a joke that he wasn't crying in the ring but that his eyes were watering because Van Dam and he were smoking a joint.

If anybody watched the ECW TV tonight, the Philly crowd was letting Van Dam have it with chants (granted, they were pissed all night with chants of "Shut the f*** up", "Boring!", "You suck dick", "You take steroids" etc. to other WWE performers that were squashing ECW performers) of "Marijuana!" and chants about the wellness policy infractions. Yet they're still supportive of him -- despite him f***ing up. I'm sure the SciFi censors had to be happy with those chants going over the air unedited for the most part.

And after you've seen half the matches Sabu's been in -- Vicodin seems like it is something he would have regularly.

Vince really needs to give up the booking of ECW and give it to Heyman. This generic hoss-fest, lame ass amateur night stripping and terrible gimmicks galore is really grating to classic fans of old ECW and new fans trying to get a feel for what the cult following was all about. ECW isn't "sports entertainment". It was gritty, counterculture, indy, wrestling with great angles.

RIP WWECW 2006-2006

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
He must've known that he was gonna drive around with drug works and pills in the car....

It's just kinda stupid of him to f*** up the first chance at making decent money from wrestling.

prolly another case of someone bein scared of the success, cause he was one of the few guys over with the WWE fans

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:02 AM)
RVD jobbed the WWE title and the ECW title on successive nights. They had to re-write Raw and ECW to take the straps off of him.

Van Dam and Sabu are lucky to keep their jobs with the new wellness policy that WWE has in place.

Everybody knew Van Dam lit up. Hell, last year at the One Night Stand PPV, Heyman cracked a joke that he wasn't crying in the ring but that his eyes were watering because Van Dam and he were smoking a joint.

If anybody watched the ECW TV tonight, the Philly crowd was letting Van Dam have it with chants (granted, they were pissed all night with chants of "Shut the f*** up", "Boring!", "You suck dick", "You take steroids" etc. to other WWE performers that were squashing ECW performers) of "Marijuana!" and chants about the wellness policy infractions. Yet they're still supportive of him -- despite him f***ing up. I'm sure the SciFi censors had to be happy with those chants going over the air unedited for the most part.

And after you've seen half the matches Sabu's been in -- Vicodin seems like it is something he would have regularly.

Vince really needs to give up the booking of ECW and give it to Heyman. This generic hoss-fest, lame ass amateur night stripping and terrible gimmicks galore is really grating to classic fans of old ECW and new fans trying to get a feel for what the cult following was all about. ECW isn't "sports entertainment". It was gritty, counterculture, indy, wrestling with great angles.

RIP WWECW 2006-2006

couldn't of said it better myself.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:02 AM)

RIP WWECW 2006-2006

I have a theory that Vince created WWECW just to kill the ECW signs and chants at WWE shows. What better way to squash the chants and signs than to make ECW weak and lame, therefore making it embarrassing and impossible to chant for it?

Vince has made his money from the DVDs and One Night Stands, and all the "classic" ECW wrestlers are getting older and more injured, so ECW as we'd like to remember it has a VERY short shelf life. The kiss of death came when Vince admitted treating ECW as a "third WWE brand" rather than its own entity. ECW being a third brand guarantees McMahon family meddling, and that is certain to send ECW to its grave.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)

From what I've heard, management is pretty high on him (hence is pushes into the upper-midcard and quasi-main events) -- and there's no pun intended at all.

They had a Sabu promo on the show tonight so I don't think he'll get a pink slip. A suspension most likely and have to do some jobs but I doubt Vince lets them go unless he really wants WWECW to crash and burn. Yet he did have Heyman screwjob RVD and put the strap on Big Show...in Philadelphia.

/still marking like a 14 year old female Jeff Hardy fan that CM Punk was on WWECW TV and cut a promo

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:06 AM)
I have a theory that Vince created WWECW just to kill the ECW signs and chants at WWE shows. What better way to squash the chants and signs than to make ECW weak and lame, therefore making it embarrassing and impossible to chant for it?

Vince has made his money from the DVDs and One Night Stands, and all the "classic" ECW wrestlers are getting older and more injured, so ECW as we'd like to remember it has a VERY short shelf life. The kiss of death came when Vince admitted treating ECW as a "third WWE brand" rather than its own entity. ECW being a third brand guarantees McMahon family meddling, and that is certain to send ECW to its grave.

which is sad because i'm sure the people who dont remember the old ECW have no idea of how good of a product it was

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:06 AM)

Exactly. He buried the f*** out of WCW after he had the opportunity to do so. (see Billionaire Ted skits etc. for his original intent)

He put a lot of money into WWECW and wants to make a profit yet Vince only knows the 'sports entertainment' method with the "5 Moves of Doom" and "SuperCena" overcoming the same old crap PPV after PPV method. If I invested a ton of cash into wrestlers etc., I'd be hesitant to hand the book over to somebody else too. Add in that Heyman's got a lot of political enemies backstage (glares at Steph, Nipple H, etc.) and it is a recipe for destruction for what ECW was truly about. When Dreamer and Heyman had the book, they did a great job. Hell, Heyman's year of SmackDown booking made the show watchable.

As Dreamer said, they can't let the "McMan" bring them down. :P They went wrong at every turn with ECW and it makes me wonder if they didn't want it to fail from the beginning. Most casual fans don't remember the classic Anarchy Rulz, Guilty As Charged, etc. matches with Dreamer, Funk, Credible, Raven, Sandman, Sabu etc. I mean, come the f*** on -- taping with SmackDown?! The crowds are part of what makes ECW awesome and they neutered it.

Vince is going to run into a wall soon and not know a way out. He's gotten lucky a few times with gimmicks and its made him cash (i.e. the original DX run, post-Ringmaster (not Chilly McFreeze) Austin etc.) but something is going to give and the market may go elsewhere (TNA, ROH, CZW, etc.)

/Damn Vince and his damned ego

//Joey Styles isn't good enough to call Backlash? BACKLASH!?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
Vince is going to run into a wall soon and not know a way out. He's gotten lucky a few times with gimmicks and its made him cash (i.e. the original DX run, post-Ringmaster (not Chilly McFreeze) Austin etc.) but something is going to give and the market may go elsewhere (TNA, ROH, CZW, etc.)

i'd agree...but as long as he's winning over the women and children, it won't really matter. Like Cena having the title for so long when obviously he was a horrible champion.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)

/Damn Vince and his damned ego

//Joey Styles isn't good enough to call Backlash? BACKLASH!?

I agree with you on a lot of what you have said, however TNA, ROH, and CZW have no chance in hell of taking the market away from WWE..

Despite it not being as good as it was back in the day, it still heavily rules all forms of wrestling and will most likely continue to do so as long as they have the money to draw and keep the real talents.. Hell they usually signing away the better talented wrestlers from those other organizations anyway

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
i'd agree...but as long as he's winning over the women and children, it won't really matter. Like Cena having the title for so long when obviously he was a horrible champion.

If you saw One Night Stand 2, I basically have the opinion of Cena that the crowd in the Hammerstein Ballroom had. Even though I was sad that RVD had to job the belt, I marked for Edge taking the strap. Best.Transitional.Champ.Ever. Just a pity that SuperCena is going to get another extended run after Sat. Night's Main Event in which he'll overcome every odd to beat the heel yet again.

The kids and women who have no idea about the business are the cash cow. I remember marking out for the Bushwhackers, Bret Hart, etc. when I was a kid. It's just annoying now that I know more about the business, quality wrestling, quality gimmicks, etc. that something like SuperCena gets extended runs with the strap.

And really -- if doing things backstage causes RVD to job like Al Snow on consecutive nights before being suspended, then why is Johnny Nitro getting an IC strap run and Orton getting a ticket straight to the upper card with a feud with Hogan?

/CM Punk for WWE Champ!

//Wants to see a Cena vs Orton vs Hogan triple threat match. How many moves (not counting restholds -- take that Randy!) would be performed? I say 10 different ones between the three of them.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
I agree with you on a lot of what you have said, however TNA, ROH, and CZW have no chance in hell of taking the market away from WWE..

Despite it not being as good as it was back in the day, it still heavily rules all forms of wrestling and will most likely continue to do so as long as they have the money to draw and keep the real talents.. Hell they usually signing away the better talented wrestlers from those other organizations anyway

Some of the talent in ROH, TNA etc. were talent that were underused/not used by WWE. TNA still has Daniels, Styles, Samoa Joe (marks out like a little kid!), the entire X division, Petey Williams (marks out again!) Hell, just watch TNA and they have more bad blood for Vince on that show than they do promotion of TNA on there.

It's going to take time but I think when TNA can get itself out of Orlando for some PPVs, start making some money, GET THE STRAP OFF OF JARRETT and get a competitive time slot with WWE -- we're going to see Vince in WCW's position and the tables will get turned.

As long as Vince keeps up his hoss-fest, smaller guys are going to be swept under in WWE and end up proving that indy style wrestling can really pay off. TNA's already got a bunch of the major indy guys locked up already with contracts which could prove beneficial if they can get out of Orlando.

//watching Kobashi vs Joe ROH 2005 (arguably match of the year)

/// http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...q=Kenta+Kobashi

I started getting into TNA about 6 months. X Division is just all high spots but is entertaining to watch. The angle right now with Kevin Nash is one of the best angles in years, IMO.

I can't stand their main event stuff right now. I like that they are integrating Samoa Joe and I like that Cage was champ for a bit, but Jarrett and Sting and Steiner don't do it for me anymore. i understand what they are trying to do, use big names to draw an audience and keep them around with the younger talent.

I also like their tag team situation. Bunch of teams, some worse than others.

Wait a second........

ECW is on the Sci-Fi channel? When the hell did this occur, and which dates do they air?

Once ECW left local broadcasting, and then later TNN/Spike TV, I lost interest. Even at that point wrestling only collected a small portion of my viewing time. I'd be interested in seeing what has changed over the last several years.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Wait a second........

ECW is on the Sci-Fi channel? When the hell did this occur, and which dates do they air?

Once ECW left local broadcasting, and then later TNN/Spike TV, I lost interest. Even at that point wrestling only collected a small portion of my viewing time. I'd be interested in seeing what has changed over the last several years.

ECW is on Tuesdays at 9 pm central on the sci-fi channel.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
Wait a second........

It's not the real ECW. It's WWECW. There's a massive difference from the genius of Paul Heyman's booking (yeah, I drink the Kool-Aid) and the crap being put on currently.

And they were supposed to have the show last night at the old ECW Arena but Vince and Kevin Dunn didn't think that the small scale venues would be appropriate for "his vision" of ECW. Its basically Vince McMahon pushing hosses and his generic plastic wank fodder awkwardly dancing/stripping on the show for the enjoyment of nobody. It's a fairly poor show to watch, especially when they give 5-8 minutes of an hour telecast to Kelly (Barbie Blank) to dance on a stage very poorly and attempt to strip yet every time she's stopped by her gimmick boyfriend.

Even funnier still is that the ECW matches (unless otherwise noted by the announcers) are going to be normal matches -- which means using a chair, table etc. is a big no-no. Talk about a crock.

You may very well have something with the theory regarding the destruction of ECW there, Critic.

"It's basically Vince McMahon pushing hosses and his generic plastic wank fodder awkwardly dancing/stripping on the show for the enjoyment of nobody."

This is the disclaimer they should run before each episode of WWECW on Sci-Fi.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
"It's basically Vince McMahon pushing hosses and his generic plastic wank fodder awkwardly dancing/stripping on the show for the enjoyment of nobody."

This is the disclaimer they should run before each episode of WWECW on Sci-Fi.

You mean to tell me that you're not marking for the expert dancing skills of Kelly?

They pretty much killed ECW (if it wasn't already dead) yesterday by jobbing Little Guido, Al Snow and RVD...in Philadelphia...with an already hostile crowd. The only bright spot of the show was the CM Punk promo that aired. But I have confidence that Punk will be jobbing left, right and sideways if Vince, Steph and the other politicos have their stance since he has too much of an "indy style" rather than the WWE 5 Moves of Doom.