Official Game Thread 7/7 - Sawx vs Sox 7:35

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
Why ph Pods for BA? Why not for Pablo? And if you are going to ph for the righty lefty match up, why not ph AJ for Widge?

You don't ever pinch hit with a catcher (unless you have 3 on the roster), because then, if something happens to him you won't have anyone else to put behind the plate.

Edited by Felix

Guest JimH
Why ph Pods for BA? Why not for Pablo? And if you are going to ph for the righty lefty match up, why not ph AJ for Widge?

I heard they wanted to give AJ the day off regardless unless absolutely necessary. He banged one off his foot last nite and is nursing some general wear and tear. Plus tomorrow is an early start.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:45 AM)
This is probably the most frustrated I have been all season. I am just pulling my hair out this game.

I didn't expect much from Buehrle coming into tonight's game. We need a big hit early in the game, but didn't get good ABs in our bases loaded/2 men on situations. I do wish our fans would STFU in their arguing with Tigers fans about not playing quality teams. We haven't played the Red Sox or Yankees yet, while the Tigers have.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
I'm not trying to stir up s*** with this post, but does anyone actually believe Widger is actually an asset to have on the team anymore?

I think he does more harm than good, honestly.

Well... I haven't seen him defended yet, so.....

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
I'm not trying to stir up s*** with this post, but does anyone actually believe Widger is actually an asset to have on the team anymore?

Does he (positively) contribute to this team anymore?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:48 AM)

He's our union rep.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:49 AM)
Is anyone at least remotely concerned that one of our top two pitchers now has a 4 ERA (this coupled with 3 other starters who also have 4+ ERAs)? We've got the worst pitching staff of any of the current playoff teams.

Can't get too concerned, as there's nothing you or I can do, and I'm confident in saying there's nothing KW and Ozzie are going to do.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
Lester is undefeated this season with a 3.06 ERA and Delcarmen has had ups and downs but a 3.86 ERA overall. Pretty good.

I still think it could have been a completely different game if this umpire didn't give Lester the gift on the 3-0 pitch to Dye in the 3rd inning. I wasn't impressed at all with Lester.