Poppy's 2nd Half Predictions....

POPPY_HIDALGO

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
That's cool. What do you think about this statement, though:

This is pretty much the basis of my argument.

Once in a great while, guys can just step in and establish themselves as all-time greats right off the bat. Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Hakeem Olajuwon, Lebron James, Magic Johnson, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, etc. Just a few names that come to mind.

I agree. Right now they are dominating. But I am not chiseling their names into History until they accomplish more. See Mark Prior for recent premature enshrinement.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Twins won't be making anymore noise in the 2nd half. They made their run and are done. Someone else mentioned Cleveland getting hot, not gonna happen. They'll probably be dumping more guys. As long as the Sox don't have brain farts against the Devil Rays and Royals of the world everything will be alright.

I also predict Anderson will be batting close to .280 by seasons end.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 08:31 AM)
The Twins won't be making anymore noise in the 2nd half. They made their run and are done. Someone else mentioned Cleveland getting hot, not gonna happen. They'll probably be dumping more guys. As long as the Sox don't have brain farts against the Devil Rays and Royals of the world everything will be alright.

No way. He's in too deep of a hole. He may hit .280 in the second half, but it won't be his season's average.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 09:31 AM)

But why stop there? I don't see how Jim Thome won't be hitting .400 by the end of the year, and I predict he'll be making a run on Barry Bonds single season HR record. He might even challenge Hank Aaron's career mark by the end of this year, he's that good.

Lets put it this way. To have an average of .280 at the end of the year, Brian Anderson would have to hit .359 (if he gets 380 AB that he's on pace for right now) for the rest of the year. It isn't happening.

Edited by Felix

I'm well aware of what Brain Anderson has to hit to reach that plateau and I think based on his recent improvements and the fact that he is getting more patient at the plate that it is something that he can attain. With Ozzie behind this kid there is no telling how great he can be.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
I'm well aware of what Brain Anderson has to hit to reach that plateau and I think based on his recent improvements and the fact that he is getting more patient at the plate that it is something that he can attain. With Ozzie behind this kid there is no telling how great he can be.

Why are you posting this stuff? Because you got called out last year for being a pessimist, and now you have to post pie in the sky posts?

How about realistic? That would GREAT from you, Poppy. ;)

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Why are you posting this stuff? Because you got called out last year for being a pessimist, and now you have to post pie in the sky posts?

How about realistic? That would GREAT from you, Poppy. ;)

Obviously because the White Sox are the BESTEST team in baseball and are one of the bestest teams of all time. Duh! (also, his original preseason predictions were better [120+ wins was one])

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
I'm just posting my opinion. If you don't like it you don't have to say anything about it.

But your opinion is wrong :ph34r:

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
Right off the bat, after the All-Star Break, I see the SOX going 8-8 to end the month.

I saw that Sweep in NY coming a mile away .....and I did say we would be 4-5 games out by the time we hit Detroit.