White Sox Vs. Rangers

MHizzle85

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
I'm leaving Soxtalk until things improve around here. It's too damn negative. The overall discussions withint this website have greatly dominished. In my world, everything will turn out for the better. If you believe otherwise, you're not a real fan!

:lol:

In your World is Elvis still alive and was the moonlanding staged?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaving Soxtalk until things improve around here. It's too damn negative. The overall discussions withint this website have greatly dominished. In my world, everything will turn out for the better. If you believe otherwise, you're not a real fan!

:lol:

Well, you completely missed his point, but seeing as you wanted to miss his point, you were extremely successful.

He was right, sometimes it seems it's more important for people to be right on this site vs. the White Sox winning. Further IMO there was no need for your post just to rub it in his face. Totally not necessary. Again IMO.

I prefer fan realism over blind homerism. Anyone can say, "Everything's going to be just great, Rah! Rah! Rah!". That isn't a "real fan". That is a blind optimist. A real (intelligent) fan recognizes the reality of the situation and hopes and prays for the best.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 03:05 AM)
Ozzie is destroying a lot of Sox fans inside.

I'm not ready to blame this whole slump on Ozzie, as it's a massive slump by the whole team. However, when things are going bad, that's when you need your manager/coaches to be at his best. It's easy to manage a team when you're hitting 5 homers and the pitchers are throwing complete games. Showalter managed a phenomenal game tonight with his decision to pull Wasdin when he did.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
I'm not ready to blame this whole slump on Ozzie, as it's a massive slump by the whole team. However, when things are going bad, that's when you need your manager/coaches to be at his best. It's easy to manage a team when you're hitting 5 homers and the pitchers are throwing complete games. Showalter managed a phenomenal game tonight with his decision to pull Wasdin when he did.

I know. There's plenty of blame to throw around, and a lot of people deserve it.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
Congrats. I was there last year, and would this year, too.

Except I've never given up on the season in July. :P

I haven't given up on the season. I'm severely frustrated. Big difference.

Actually, I haven't said the Cotts thing against righties once this year. He's been better against lefties all season. I was the person saying that Jenks should have face Jason Michaels in game 3 of this season, and not Cotts in a crucial situation.

Do you really think Cotts should have been left in?

Well I'm not going to go back and research your posts but you know and I know you have been beating the drum for at least two years now about Cotts being good vs. righthanded hitters, and why doesn't Ozzie leave him in for the whole inning. How about just admitting it for once?

As for leaving Cotts in, they were down by 3 runs already so I can see why he did it.

I think the main problem is last season even though we were a big home run team, we still knew that we could score other ways we could bunt a guy over or hit a sac fly or steal a base or get a single up the middle, this season it's home run or nothing. We don't steal anymore, we don't know how to bunt, and we don't hit in the clutch.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
I haven't given up on the season. I'm severely frustrated. Big difference.

Phuck this. Season is officially over IMO.

Words mean things, but whatever. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you.