7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
And there's my point. Clark is obviously better than Pods this year, but people won't accept it.

Before todays game

Brady Clark:

Avg HR RBI R SB

.292 2 21 35 2

Pods:

Avg HR RBI R SB

.270 3 37 68 29

I'll stick with Pods. Clark can barely break a Brewers lineup.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
Speaking of the bullpen, whats been up with Hermy?

Hermanson is not gonna come up! Boone logan is pitching much better and should be up before him!

No one forced Ozzie to have 3 lefties on the team. I'm not blaming Ozzie...just trying to say it's not necessarily KW's fault.

It's because they didn't have any capable right handed relievers either. The bullpen was short on talent. But Logan is showing he has talent in Charlotte, whether that ever translates to majore league success remains to be seen.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
Speaking of the bullpen, whats been up with Hermy?

Still cannot pitch without discomfort. The MacDougal trade pretty much sealed that he's not coming back.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
It's because they didn't have any capable right handed relievers either. The bullpen was short on talent. But Logan is showing he has talent in Charlotte, whether that ever translates to majore league success remains to be seen.

Yeah, it's really just a situation where they got screwed by Hermanson and him not being 100 pct honest about his back. With what we were expecting from our pitchers, the last guy in the bullpen wasn't supposed to matter that much.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
Before todays game

Brady Clark:

Avg HR RBI R SB

.292 2 21 35 2

Pods:

Avg HR RBI R SB

.270 3 37 68 29

I'll stick with Pods. Clark can barely break a Brewers lineup.

His average is 20 points higher. His SB's are higher, yes, but Pods steals at a bad clip anyway and hasn't been stealing for a month. All of the other stats you have there are dependent on the lineup around each player. Clark's defense is actually good, too.

So, how in the hell is Pods better?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)

I get a laugh out of someone trying to show Pods is better than someone by using homers as a supporting stat. I give him credit though...at least he didn't say he's better just because he hit a walkoff last season.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
If you based everything on IQ, then anyone could play for the Sox.

There's a reason that Derek Jeter is going to end up with one of the highest percentage of votes for a first time HOF candidate in history.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
His average is 20 points higher. His SB's are higher, yes, but Pods steals at a bad clip anyway and hasn't been stealing for a month. All of the other stats you have there are dependent on the lineup around each player. Clark's defense is actually good, too.

So I guess the Brewers are holding Clark back then? I'd rather see Mack play everyday the Clark.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
So I guess the Brewers are holding Clark back then? I'd rather see Mack play everyday the Clark.

Mack isn't good against lefties. I would very much like a Mackowiak/Clark LF platoon.