A 2nd Chance for Thomas Bashers

Guest Ncorgbl

Baines is and always will be my favorite Sox player and best clutch LH hitter they ever had. Baines always had the big hit ,not when the were down 9-3 in a game. MLB used to keep a stat called Game winning hit or RbI Baines was the leader quite a few years with the Sox.

So thats why you called Frank the best RH hitter of our franchise? Id say Baines was a great hitter but there were a few problems. He didnt spend his entire career with us. Franks got more time left and he still has more bombs. Franks BA was higher. But Baines has way more RBIs and like you say he always got the big hit. As better player (regardless of team) it could go either way (Id go with Frank but thats just me). As better Sox player, given Baines only hit 221 of his 384 career bombs with us, Id say Frank is the better Sox hitter. But thats my opinion, and Ill respect your opinion...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been a die-hard sox fan since 1960 lived and most-often died with them as they've never really won jack-s*** but given the fact that they probably wont ever win anything )unless we have a change of ownership)

one thing i can debate is this; frank thomas is the best player we have

ever had (at least in the last 43 years) and even though frank is not really the old frank as we know it, i will always be a fan/supporter and i will never bash him for he is our brett, or schmidt our yaz etc

here's hoping frank continues to play healthy and with zest until he decides to hang up his cletes and i certainly hope its with the silver&black

As more and more old friends are posting here now, I thought I'd post this on here as well. A number of you will know the ones mentioned.

For those Frank Thomas bashers who've spewed their venom for the Greatest hitter in White Sox history, you've been given a second chance to reconsider your baseball ignorance by the man himself, quoted last night, and printed today.

"The fans have always been fair with me,'' he said of his shifting relationship with fans over his 13-year career. ''When I've been going well, they've been good to me. When I haven't, they've let me know. It goes hand in hand.'' 

... yada yada yada ....

imo frank hasn't changed a thing and hasn't learned a thing. in two, three weeks he'll once again open his stupid yap and prove he's one of the dumber players in the game. i would bet he was coached in his latest quote.

i have always appreciated thomas's hitting contributions to the sox efforts, but i really really wish that he'd been traded at the end of the 2000 season (btw i've stated this since the end of the 2000 season). nothing has changed and his latest quote won't change any 'basher's" mind. he's done some unforgivably stupid things, caused all kinds of morale problems with this team, and

has not played hard when it was called for.

i'm not saying he hasn't been a talented (even great) hitter (in a very one dimensional kind of way), i'm saying he's not a player who represents the style that best exemplifies the chicago white sox ... to me.

as for him retiring in a sox uniform .... give me a break. who cares? (i know .... YOU do)

i'm a sox fan ... not hung up on one player who's been nothing but controversy for the last 7 years or so. i may have felt differently had he just shut up, honored his contract a couple years ago without the fuss he made, and played the damn game.

you want to put this jerk on a pedestal, go ahead. don't expect 'bashers' (who, oddly enough,

seem to think THEY are justified in their opinions) to do the same.

As more and more old friends are posting here now, I thought I'd post this on here as well. A number of you will know the ones mentioned.

For those Frank Thomas bashers who've spewed their venom for the Greatest hitter in White Sox history, you've been given a second chance to reconsider your baseball ignorance by the man himself, quoted last night, and printed today.

"The fans have always been fair with me,'' he said of his shifting relationship with fans over his 13-year career. ''When I've been going well, they've been good to me. When I haven't, they've let me know. It goes hand in hand.'' 

... yada yada yada ....

imo frank hasn't changed a thing and hasn't learned a thing. in two, three weeks he'll once again open his stupid yap and prove he's one of the dumber players in the game. i would bet he was coached in his latest quote.

i have always appreciated thomas's hitting contributions to the sox efforts, but i really really wish that he'd been traded at the end of the 2000 season (btw i've stated this since the end of the 2000 season). nothing has changed and his latest quote won't change any 'basher's" mind. he's done some unforgivably stupid things, caused all kinds of morale problems with this team, and

i'm not saying he hasn't been a talented (even great) hitter (in a very one dimensional kind of way), i'm saying he's not a player who represents the style that best exemplifies the chicago white sox ... to me.

as for him retiring in a sox uniform .... give me a break. who cares? (i know .... YOU do)

i'm a sox fan ... not hung up on one player who's been nothing but controversy for the last 7 years or so. i may have felt differently had he just shut up, honored his contract a couple years ago without the fuss he made, and played the damn game.

you want to put this jerk on a pedestal, go ahead. don't expect 'bashers' (who, oddly enough,

.314 career BA, 392 career homeruns and 1320 career RBIs. Hes the best hitter weve ever had. And he wants to be here too, unlike yalls beloved MB. The man is a legend on the Southside. And I will always support him.

Great post Ncorgbl!!!!!!!! :headbang

Me too. I go to crappy movies starring black people and Ill refuse to criticize them. I hate when white people try to act black. Darn wiggers. I seem to think white people still owe something to blacks for harm done during the civil war. And even tho I love black people, I hate Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They took the whole race thing too far. A couple years ago in Illinois, some black teens were expelled for terrorizing the stands at a HS football game. They were on camera and were obviously only there to cause destruction. But Jackson was yelling racism. And then Ray Rhodes was fired for leading the Packers, who had been to the playoffs in most of the years before that, to an 8-8 record. And Jackson was yelling racism. Rhodes agreed that he did poorly for crying out loud...

Roman you my n*ggah!!!

On a different note, who do you hate more: nerds, hippies, wiggers, goths, slackers, preppies, homos, metalheads, squares or foreigners?

... yada yada yada ....

.314 career BA, 392 career homeruns and 1320 career RBIs. Hes the best hitter weve ever had. And he wants to be here too, unlike yalls beloved MB. The man is a legend on the Southside. And I will always support him.

Great post Ncorgbl!!!!!!!! :headbang

Or he's just never said he wants to go anywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Frank elsewhere in '04.

Guest Ncorgbl
So thats why you called Frank the best RH hitter of our franchise? Id say Baines was a great hitter but there were a few problems. He didnt spend his entire career with us. Franks got more time left and he still has more bombs. Franks BA was higher. But Baines has way more RBIs and like you say he always got the big hit. As better player (regardless of team) it could go either way (Id go with Frank but thats just me). As better Sox player, given Baines only hit 221 of his 384 career bombs with us, Id say Frank is the better Sox hitter. But thats my opinion, and Ill respect your opinion...

Baines, after 22 seasons, has a little more than 300 more RBI than Thomas does right now. That's not a lot.

Guest Ncorgbl
"he's done some unforgivably stupid things, caused all kinds of morale problems with this team, and has not played hard when it was called for."

".. not hung up on one player who's been nothing but controversy for the last 7 years or so.  i may have felt differently had he just shut up, honored his contract a couple years ago without the fuss he made, and played the damn game." 

What morale problems? When has he not played hard?

The 'controversey', while certainly can be traced to Thomas' poor communication skills, wasn't what was reported at all, and most Sox fans know that. It had nothing to do with the contract or money, and he did honour his contract and played one of his best seasons.

Who are you watching?

What morale problems? When has he not played hard?

The 'controversey', while certainly can be traced to Thomas' poor communication skills, wasn't what was reported at all, and most Sox fans know that. It had nothing to do with the contract or money, and he did honour his contract and played one of his best seasons.

Who are you watching?

what morale problems? ... the ones that were written and talked about for many years. last year it came out a little more than usual with konerko's comments.

when has he not played hard? the many times he's refused to slide in crucial situations for one thing.

poor comunication skills? let's be real. isn't this another way of saying he's stupid? just kinder and gentler?

it had nothing to do with money or his contract?????? who are YOU watching?

and of COURSE he honored the contract. he had no choice!

typical FT lover. ignore all his faults. the ones you CAN'T ignore ... make him the victim.

Nope, being "scared" of homos is akin to being scared of going to prison-  fear of at once forceful and glorious anal violation...in addition to fear of liking it and being addicted to it, if you will.

It has nothing to do with latent homosexuality as commonplace as it might be, idseer.

says you.

poor comunication skills? let's be real. isn't this another way of saying he's stupid? just kinder and gentler?

Are you on glue? Noone can ever accuse me of being a Frank lover--I critized his batspeed so much it hurts--but if you really think Frank is not articulate or charming when he is NOT talking about his own career....compared to Sammy, he 's Mario Cuomo.

This season, he has been neyond reproach.

Nope, being "scared" of homos is akin to being scared of going to prison-  fear of at once forceful and glorious anal violation...in addition to fear of liking it and being addicted to it, if you will.

It has nothing to do with latent homosexuality as commonplace as it might be, idseer.

says you.

yeah, lets be all 5th grade-y about it....

I'm am in total bewilderment.

The night after Frank Thomas hits a game-winning homer on a pitch that he "struggles" on, we have some people who have the nerve to say "screw Frank" and "I want Frank out."

Am I missing something? :huh:

I can understand not liking the guy....but JFC, come on. Show a little respect. The guy is leading the team in average and homer, and possibly RBI too.

says you.

i do try to dip to the level of those i talk to

Are you on glue?  Noone can ever accuse me of being a Frank lover--I critized his batspeed so much it hurts--but if you really think Frank is not articulate or charming when he is NOT talking about his own career....compared to Sammy, he 's Mario Cuomo.

are you? i believe my comment was directed toward Ncorgbl, who said ft had "poor communication skills". how was my comment to him inaccurate?

says you.

i do try to dip to the level of those i talk to

Oh and what do you say about the said homosexualized psycho-pathology phenomenon?

Sorry but "so says you" doesn't quite cut it and neither does your last pseudo-smartass reply...or are you one pf thodr city fellers who come into the room hoping to bluff his way armed only with sheer rhetorical noise and bravado? Ironically enough, thats the kind of person you yourself profess to despise...short memory much?

Are you on glue?  Noone can ever accuse me of being a Frank lover--I critized his batspeed so much it hurts--but if you really think Frank is not articulate or charming when he is NOT talking about his own career....compared to Sammy, he 's Mario Cuomo.

are you? i believe my comment was directed toward Ncorgbl, who said ft had "poor communication skills". how was my comment to him inaccurate?

When Franks speaks about something other than his own dues or whatnot...he is nothing short of great. He is certanly no "athlete dummy", just a selfish, thin-skinned whiner sometimes.

I'm am in total bewilderment.

The night after Frank Thomas hits a game-winning homer on a pitch that he "struggles" on, we have some people who have the nerve to say "screw Frank" and "I want Frank out."

Am I missing something?  :huh:

I can understand not liking the guy....but JFC, come on.  Show a little respect.  The guy is leading the team in average and homer, and possibly RBI too.

first ... what frank does on any given night is beside the point. would you have felt better had he struck out 4 times ... THEN i give my opinion of him?

and i, for one, am NOT saying screw frank. i would have traded him, yes. but having said that, i'm on record (somewhere) saying as long as he's here i hope he has another great year.

i just think he's a dope based only on what i read and hear about the guy and i think he's bad for the team.