Todays game

Soxplosion

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You were making him sound so good so I just had to show you that someone was better

I was? I thought I said his season is pretty mediocre just the other post....What I do know for sure is that he would have scored on that singles and would have advanced from second on Olivo's FO, he certainly advanced on a 2B friggin' pop up in the 1st, didn't he? Some aournd here seem to be underappreciative of "thankless little things" Val and Carlos have been doing on base-paths all season long and think great instincts are easily replaceable/don't amount to much.

hmm....but since you asked...when Frank cools down and his OPS slides into 800's and Valentin gets on a hot streak and raises his to 800-ish....there will indeed be no doubt about who is better since Val runs and plays defense INFINITELY better than Frank the Hall of Famer if you must compare....

Sorry, I don't suffer stupid f***ing mimbo-wannabes who can't read lightly. No offesne.

hmm....but since you asked...when Frank cools down and his OPS slides into 800's and Valentin gets on a hot streak and raises his to 800-ish....there will indeed no doubt about who is better since Val runs and plays defense INFINITELY better than Frank the Hall of Famer if you just compare....

Brando, for a player to run on the bases he needs to get on base and so far Jose is 0-2 and his OBP on the season is mediocre...

CUBS LOSE! CUBS LOSE! CUBS LOSE!

Walk-off HR by Johnson in the bottom on the 10th  :headbang :headbang :headbang

Who cares about the cubs we got our own problems. we're being shut out by.... A FREAKING NOBODY!

Lighten up. Our season is over unless changes are made. FAST! We need an ownership, GM, and managerial change. We need a REAL CF'er. We need a team that scores some freakin' runs from base hits and sac flys. All 6 runs last night courtesy of the longball. I take solice in the fact that the Cubs lose when my team sucks. Most Sox fans do.

You're just pointing out the obvious :rolleyes:

hmm....but since you asked...when Frank cools down and his OPS slides into 800's and Valentin gets on a hot streak and raises his to 800-ish....there will indeed no doubt about who is better since Val runs and plays defense INFINITELY better than Frank the Hall of Famer if you just compare....

Brando, for a player to run on the bases he needs to get on base and so far Jose is 0-2 and his OBP on the season is mediocre...

Agreed...but it's what you do ONCE you are OB--if his 31 runs scored are any indication, despite his low OBP, he is VERY effective once he gets on....whereas Frank is so easy to double up, never advances anywhere...it's true that at 980 OPS Frank is better than Jose at 760, but if Jose gets within 100 OPS-wise, adding a huge difference in defense and contract worth, and we are takng about them being much closer than you think in terms of value...

Tell me though, why would you compare Val to a future HOF if my original point had to do only with Sox f***ing up two great base-running opportunities?

Last night was a great win, but i wasnt happy because they win it by hitting HRs. Today we are trying again hitting just HRs, this guys needs to learn something and when they win like yesterday, they start to think that winning is hitting HRs and what we get, is this motherf***ers hitting nothing just thinking about the long ball.

when Frank cools down and his OPS slides into 800's and Valentin gets on a hot streak and raises his to 800-ish

Im sorry, but that wont happen. Val is a crappy hitter, and like rafa said, his baserunning skills only mean crap when hes on base, which is rarely. Frank was the better hitter, he is the better hitter, and he always will be the better hitter. And Val needs to stop pointing his finger. He sucks yet he points his finger at everyone. He needs to tend to his own problems before he tries to fix the teams problems..

Ive seen Jon throw a couple of great starts in the last few years and after each one everyone would say how hes coming together and turning into the great pitcher he truly is. Well, each time he proved us wrong and continued to suck. This is just like those. Jon aint crap and he aint ever been crap. Hes pitching great, kudos to him, but this will be a fluke just like all the other times... :angry:

Looks like Manuel is finally letting Garland exceed the 100 pitch count...glad to see it the way he is pitching today.

Now if only our offense wasn't taking blindfolded hacks at a pinata we could actually sweep the fathers

Im sorry, but that wont happen. Val is a crappy hitter

Wrong again- Va's 3-year OPS while with the Sox is 820, whic is "very good" for a shortstop. His RBI/ab ratio is also very good for a 2-and spot hitter and so were his RISP numbers up until this season.

Think before you put your foot on yer mouth, puppy.

Valentin flied out to right center.

Thomas warning track power flyout to left. [JUST missed a HR]

Magglio walked.

[Conference at the mound]

Lee base hit right up the middle. Runners on 1st and 2nd.

[Another conference at the mound]

Konerko grounds to the pitcher who can't handle it, shortstop gets it and throws Konerko [piano on his back and all] out at first by a step.

Going to the 9th, 1-0 SD