Why can't real fans be negative

BainesRules

As good as the AL is this year I don't buy that coming up short is OK because the AL is so good. The reason I say that is because we are beating ourselves and playing relatively poorly at times independant of what other teams are doing. If we were playing well and coming up short, then I would have no complaints but thats not really happening

This is hands down the most disappointing season in all my years as a Sox fan.

I respect your 25 years as a fan but these are the statements I don't understand.

We have had some real horses*** seasons.

Our team has faced adversity. There is a slight chance we might get our act together and have

a nice September and make the playoffs.

In 25 years we have been out of it in June.

This has been very disappointing to me also, frustrating too.

But the team TRIED tonight; it rallied.

It just f***ing lost again like it is doing on a regular basis.

s*** happens.

as a pessimist and a twins fan. i worry about every santana outing. i worry about the bullpen, even thought the twins are 55+0 when leadin after 8 innings. but i expect the worst to happen every single time. I am afraid of every single pitch. being negative comes with the teritory. expecting to loose comes with the teritory. the fact that you worry about something bad happening every pitch make you more of a fan then "adam." the last thing you want to do is go thru life expecting s*** to work out.

Last year's team was projected by many to finish 4th and won the World Series.

This year's team was projected by many to repeat and may well finish out of the playoffs.

That's baseball. It's unpredictable by nature.

So many variables go into a season like the one the Sox had last year.

Health, luck, "bounces going your way", managerial decisions working out, momentum, and other intangibles all merge together, almost by magic.

Expecting a team to win the World Series is the easiest and fastest way to be disappointed.

Having the most talent or the "best players" almost never guarantees anything in baseball.

I feel that Reinsdorf and Williams gave Ozzie enough good players to be competitive, and they ARE competitve. Whether or not that's enough to get to the postseason, well, "that's why they play the 162 ballgames".

And FWIW, I'm still just grateful that I'm not going to die without seeing my team win it all, and that's still enough for me right now.

Real fans can be negative, and should demand a quality product, but I'm not going to be TOO down on this team until I see them stop trying to field a competitive squad.