Tuesday's game vs. Boston

clujer420

i agree very much with what clujer said. We did get those 4 doubles and we are still in this game. It doesn't make sense to take away what's happened. I remember hearing a year ago people were complaining that if you took away all of Sosa HR's, he'd be hitting less than .250. At the time he was over .300. than Joe Carter, saying is one intelligent thing, said "If you take away all of his hits, he's hitting .000".

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose is a fine Shortstop?? And his .233 Averege Justifies your statement how?????

Please, enlighten me..

Im sorry but .230 aint gonna get it done, and he is always between .240 n .250.. that aint that great, I think we can do better thats all I am saying..

::Reminder::

Colon 6-6 4.24 ERA

who cares how many CG's he pitches if we just lose them anyway

his last 5 CG's he is 2-3.. FYI

He's saved our bullpen a few times this season. You need to look at the big picture dude. Just because we lose a CG that Bartolo has, that doesn't mean it's a lost cause. If he can save the bullpen a couple of innings every now and then (which he undoubtedly has), that will keep our 'pen stronger for the later weeks of the season.

I do, however, agree with you on Jose. I like the guy and think he's a fine guy to have, but I KNOW the Sox can do better than him.

Jose is a fine Shortstop?? And his .233 Averege Justifies your statement how?????

Please, enlighten me..

Im sorry but .230 aint gonna get it done, and he is always between .240 n .250.. that aint that great, I think we can do better thats all I am saying..

::Reminder::

Colon 6-6 4.24 ERA

who cares how many CG's he pitches if we just lose them anyway

his last 5 CG's he is 2-3.. FYI

Wait till Brando gets a hold of you ;)

It does matter... whats the point of him getting these complete games when we just lose anyway??

PRIME Example..

Why the hell do u try and let Bart go for the CG against San Fran when the game is 4-2.. Durham is coming up and Bonds and the rest of the SF meat.. You cant send him back out, no matter what you think he can do..

Thats when you bring in your bullpen to finish it off..

If the score was 6-0 or maybe 5-1.. I say let Colon finish it off but we can start gettin ridiculous with these CG's... you gotta know when to make the move..

I blame Manuel for that loss, not Colon

Colon battled in the 6th. A foul out, lots of pitches to notch two strike outs. I can't see the game live so those three homers? Was he struggling early and putting them down the middle or what? I see he has 9 K's. Let's hope we get to the Red Sox pen again.

It does matter... whats the point of him getting these complete games when we just lose anyway??

PRIME Example..

Why the hell do u try and let Bart go for the CG against San Fran when the game is 4-2.. Durham is coming up and Bonds and the rest of the SF meat.. You cant send him back out, no matter what you think he can do..

Thats when you bring in your bullpen to finish it off..

If the score was 6-0 or maybe 5-1.. I say let Colon finish it off but we can start gettin ridiculous with these CG's... you gotta know when to make the move..

I blame Manuel for that loss, not Colon

Did it EVER occur to you that maybe you should give credit to the other team?

Bonds is great, and Colon just seemed to run out of gas and by the time we got him out of there, the bases were loaded and 1 pitch by Marte and that was it.

Did you even see the game? Colon was CRUISING. Why take him out? He was on a roll, his pitch count was low, and Colon is notorious for getting stronger as the game goes on. That game, it just didn't work out.

Blame Manuel all you want, but I think you are dead wrong.

Frank's lucky he wasn't ejected there. For those without TV access, he struck out on a questionable called 3rd strike, and as he was turning to go to the dugout he smashed his bat on the ground and shattered it.

End 6, Boston up 5-3. Burkett is making us look like children. :huh:

Dont sit there and tell me that you really thought Colon was gonna strike out Bonds 4 times... THATS INSANE

Bonds is the greatest player ever... bottom line..

And I am sorry but you gotta know when enough is enough and I dont agree with letting colon go for the CG... Marte is lights out, he wouldnt have given up the granny if he woulda been in there faster..

Oh and by the Way.. Koch is a badass, get off him

1.15 era last 15 app.

Thats what we traded for

Frank k's looking again. :angry:    That last pitch was in the excact same location as last time.

I don't recall the location of the first one, but that last pitch looked inside. When the catcher caught it, it looked good, but since it was a cutter, I doubt it crossed a strike.

Well, Frank got ejected on his way out to 1st base, LOL.

Frank's lucky he wasn't ejected there.  For those without TV access, he struck out on a questionable called 3rd strike, and as he was turning to go to the dugout he smashed his bat on the ground and shattered it.

End 6, Boston up 5-3.  Burkett is making us look like children. :huh:

Hey Cluj, what's going with our offense? They started hot and right now is on a deep cold.

Frank's lucky he wasn't ejected there.  For those without TV access, he struck out on a questionable called 3rd strike, and as he was turning to go to the dugout he smashed his bat on the ground and shattered it.

did Frank get tossed after you posted that, a delayed throw out? Why is Daubach in now?

Hey Cluj, what's going with our offense? They started hot and right now is on a deep cold.

Our offense is hitting .240 for the season. Thats what happened.

The ump that threw out Thomas is the same ump that called the infamous Crede HR foul.  [i'm sure we all remember that]

I just heard that. Frank showed the ump up. What else do you do? You are not allowed to argue balls and strikes and Frank wouldn't quit. The guy has had a HUGE strike zone, but it has been the same zone all night long. It gets to the point where you have GOT to swing.