Rush not in R&R HoF??

Texsox

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
soulseek users are scared after the record companie execs have been saying "we know about soulseek"

Meh, I only use it for underground and rare stuff when I do use it. I doubt they are looking for us evil people who grabbed something by The Devil Dogs. I never grab major label stuff.

The thing I am most amazed by are the number of Blog sites popping up with downloads.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
Meh, I only use it for underground and rare stuff when I do use it.

Exactly. That place used to be a Dub Reggae goldmine because of all the UK users with definitive collections. I have pretty much everything that Lee Perry or King Tubby ever made, which is no easy task. There are easily 150 albums combined just between those two, and you're not gonna find the vast majority of them at any store, so soulseek was invaluable to me.

Nowadays, that place is maybe 1/50 of what it used to be.

What is the new soulseek? I need a site with a ton of UK representation. I haven't downloaded anything since 2004, so I've been wallowing in my own ignorance over here. Like you guys, I'm just looking for stuff that you can't find in stores.

People ruin everything when they go on servers to download Bob Seger's "Greatest Hits" or whatever. :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
The thing I am most amazed by are the number of Blog sites popping up with downloads.

No kidding, it's great - I love the mp3 blogs.

But the Beastie b****es killed the most awesome mp3 blog ever, 100 Records.

That site was the BEST - I got over 100 songs from that site that I'd had on vinyl and/or cassette back in the old days.

I guess the little pricks got mad that 4 mp3s were posted from Paul's Boutique, and still got the site shut down after 100 Records willingly took down the songs.

I guess it's not OK to be "Rhymin' and Stealin' ", huh?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
People ruin everything when they go on servers to download Bob Seger's "Greatest Hits" or whatever. :D

I was going to reply but I got too busy downloading Thriller . . .

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
Exactly. That place used to be a Dub Reggae goldmine because of all the UK users with definitive collections. I have pretty much everything that Lee Perry or King Tubby ever made, which is no easy task. There are easily 150 albums combined just between those two, and you're not gonna find the vast majority of them at any store, so soulseek was invaluable to me.

Nowadays, that place is maybe 1/50 of what it used to be.

What is the new soulseek? I need a site with a ton of UK representation. I haven't downloaded anything since 2004, so I've been wallowing in my own ignorance over here. Like you guys, I'm just looking for stuff that you can't find in stores.

you need OiNk, invite only, its brilliant. excellent quality control. If i ever get invites i'll let you know.