Who will you be rooting for????

chisoxdavid

I have a lot of reasons to root for certain teams. Except for the Sox, I like parity in baseball where different teams win it. That being said, I'll be rooting for Detroit. They haven't done jack in awhile, and I have family in the *nice* suburbs of Detroit.

I don't want the Yankees to win anything because they're the Yankees and I hate the Twins.

A's v. Tigers in ALCS

In the NL, I could care less really. Biggio getting a ring would be nice. Rowand getting a second would be nice, too. If I had to choose, I guess SD v. NY

1984 WS rematch: Padres v. Tigers.

QUOTE(chisoxdavid @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
Do you think he would of plyed with those injuries if he had a big contract? I dont, I think he played just because his contract had incentives.

I was talking about him playing in pain throughout his career. A few years ago David Wells questioned Franks ability to pay through pain and turned out Frank had a major injury. Also Frank wants badly to reach 500 homeruns to solidify his Hall of Fame chance and I also just think he loves playing the game. You make it sound like all Frank Thomas stands for is greed and thats a shame for a player of his caliber.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
I was talking about him playing in pain throughout his career. A few years ago David Wells questioned Franks ability to pay through pain and turned out Frank had a major injury. Also Frank wants badly to reach 500 homeruns to solidify his Hall of Fame chance and I also just think he loves playing the game. You make it sound like all Frank Thomas stands for is greed and thats a shame for a player of his caliber.

My bad, I didnt read your post right. I dont think he is a "ME ME ME" type of guy, But this late in his career I dont think he would be playing with injuries if not for his s***ty contract and Him wanting to stick it to KW.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 05:38 PM)
I'm probably the only person who feels this way, but I'd like to see a Yankees vs Mets WS, with the Mets winning it all.

I could deal with the Mets winning it all...and if it ends up being a subway series, which is highly likely, I won't watch an inning of any of the games.

Thomas hits #2! (9th inning off J Crain 0 on, 0 Out). On the other topic I'm rooting for Oakland and Detroit, San Diego and LA. Then Oakland and San Diego. Then Oakland, I love Thomas and I think Beene is f***ing amazing.

Edited by sweatpants