Official NHL Thread

QUOTE(Dan @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:20 AM)
Anybody going to the Hawks vs. Wings game? Havlat will be out but maybe there will be some fireworks. A home game will actually be televised. Dustin Buff was re-assigned to Norfolk. Wonder who the call ups will be since Havlat and Holmqvist are done for the season.

Maybe they'll call up a couple more Koci's to work up the "hockey purists".

:D

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 03:30 AM)
Ha. Khabi makes 56 saves, Bickell scores on his debut, and the Hawks finally beat Detroit in a SO.

Hawks continue to play their way out of a top five pick.

Grrrrreat. Gotta love meaningless wins at the end of the season totally screwing up your draft position.

Awesome game the other night but we got raped this afternoon. Hey at least Patrick Sharp mixed it up with that homo Lilja. Bourqe leveled Franzen too. Well they are playing the Stars on NBC tomorrow @ 1 ET. Should be cool to see a talented team play the Hawks :P

That Detroit win is going to screw us big time.

We're in 6th place, and need Edmonton to beat Calgary (which pretty much ain't gonna happen). So we're not going to make the lottery, and miss out on the likes of Kane in the draft.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 08:44 PM)
Good news though.. Edmonton beat Calgary...3 - 2...so theres a shot.

ATM they are still behind us on the standings though, even though they're equal with us on points.

Don't know if you have a tie-breaker or something, or if it comes down to head to head record.

The hawks f***ing won the draft lottery, they held an 8.1% chance of attaining the #1 pick. Too bad there's no malkin/crosby/ovechkin available, but still. They can now select THE guy they want. Or they could try to trade it for top 6 help.

Edited by IlliniKrush

I wouldn't be shocked to see Tallon trading the #1 for some offensive help. Esp. since there isn't a Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin...but it does figure this is when the Hawks would win the #1 though when none of these type of players will be there.....

QUOTE(Dan @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 01:35 PM)
So who's rooting for who in the Playoffs?

Red Wings

I've been a fan of theirs as long as I can remember.

It was always the Hawks and the Wings for me. Still is, although Wirtz has seriously damaged my Hawk fandom.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
Steve Avery is one POS

Steve? I believe you men Sean, Sean Avery is a POS. He is banging the hottest girl in all the land though. Elisha Cuthbert.

For me its all Buffalo. They will go far if not all the way if they can hang with the injuries and Miller is solid.

Detroit will be swept in 4 games...

Yeah i meant sean, not the old braves pitcher, lol.

Buffalo was ousted last year becuase the injuries to their defense was just too much to overcome. A healthy Buffalo team is close to unbeatable; a beat up Buffalo team, yet again, will have some adversity to overcome.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
They won't be, though what league they are in next year is uncertain at this point in time.

they are putting nobody in the seats and ticket prices are outrageous for hockey that bad.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
He is like AJ, you hate him till he is on your team. The guy has changed the Rangers and for a jag, he can play.