A-Rod, what's the asking price

BobDylan

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
Yes, a two left hand hitting platoon. :bang

Thome and Konerko aren't waiving their NTC's to leave Chicago, let alone to go to New York. If the Sox thought Gload was a capable everyday first baseman, why did they re-sign Konerko last offseason? :huh:

If they thought Gload wasn't an everyday outfielder why did they trade Borchard?

IIRC, Konerko only has a limited no-trade clause covering something like 10 teams.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
What about his walk rate? (PA/BB. The lower, the better.)

2004: 15.41

2005: 18.28

2006: 20.43

Yikes.

To put it in prospective, Thome had a PA/BB of 5.58 this season. I'm not saying Joe should walk 100 times in a season, but once every 5 games is atrocious.

You are right, that's pretty bad, and trending in the wrong direction. But I still see it improving, and if he went to the Yanks, I know it would improve, perhaps dramatically. Here, he was the end of the run-producing line, and his focus was driving in guys that were on (or hitting the ball over the fence), not building pressure so the guys behind him would get the RBI. Yes, Uribe had 70+ RBI, but along with Anderson, was almost always an out. If he went to the Yanks, I'd be surprised if he didn't crack 50 BBs his first year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061020/ap_on_...XAwBHNlYwM3NTU-

CHICAGO - The Bronx is lovely in the summer, really. What with the chirps of the boo birds, the friendly neighbors and the tranquil, get-away-from-it-all atmosphere, it's no wonder Alex Rodriguez likes New York so much.

But let's just say he does get evicted, er, wants a change of scenery. Might we suggest the North Side of Chicago as the perfect spot for his new summer home.

The conditions are ideal: a manager who brought out the best in him, a city eager for someone to adore, good restaurants, less traffic, cheaper housing, an actual beach where he can work on his tan.

Best of all, nobody would really care if he wins or not. These are the Chicago Cubs we're talking about.

:lolhitting