What would White sox Fans Say

winninguglyin83

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Oct 28, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
the entire world series was full of sloppy play from both sides...i wasn't able to actually watch any game in it's entirety, just ugly, ugly play.

That I don't see.

I saw a Tigers team that just didn't want it enough, or just wasn't good enough to overcome adversity.

The Cards got next to nothing from the best player in baseball. The Tigers pitching staff let their defense down repeatedly. But the Cardinals offense picked up Pujols. The Tigers never picked up their pitchers; every time they made a mistake, it turned into a disaster. The Cardinals just fought harder...they just played better. The St. Louis Cardinals earned a set of rings. End of story.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2006 -> 02:41 AM)
That I don't see.

I saw a Tigers team that just didn't want it enough, or just wasn't good enough to overcome adversity.

The Cards got next to nothing from the best player in baseball. The Tigers pitching staff let their defense down repeatedly. But the Cardinals offense picked up Pujols. The Tigers never picked up their pitchers; every time they made a mistake, it turned into a disaster. The Cardinals just fought harder...they just played better. The St. Louis Cardinals earned a set of rings. End of story.

I think the Cardinals just (and I know this isn't a word) out-experienced them. Detroit stubbed their toe every time they pulled the momentium to their side and the Cardinals made sure it hurt.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
Why the hell would the Royals trade DeJesus? He's one of the few bright spots they have on offense and defense as well. They're not going to hurt their team just to help the Sox.

I meant that type of player, although I do like DeJesus in particular, they should get a guy who will give them at least average play in the field and the plate to set a bench mark that the kids would need to meet to get on the field. Maybe I should have said someone like a Chris Singleton in his day.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
Right now the Royals have a ton of bright spots on offense. Shealy, Sweeney, Teahen, Dejesus, and a few others I'm forgetting. Their problem is their pitching staff...they look to have assembled some real talent on offense, and that may well cost us some wins next year.

I wouldnt call Sweeney a bright spot anymore... but they also have 2 top hitting prospects in Alex Gordon and Billy Butler who prob could come up and contribute right away.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's 1-7 (.143) so far with the Tiburones. A small sample, but not inconsistant with the larger sample we saw last summer. I really think the team should bring in a legit CF, maybe along the lines of a David DeJesus. Then if Brian wants to play, all he has to do is play better than him. I think it would help both Brian and the team.

Did you miss my post the last time your brought up Dejesus?

Why would the Royals trade a guy they have lock up cheaply for a long period of time? They moved him to LF to keep him healthy.

How many other players are "along the lines" like Dejesus?

Edited by santo=dorf