Six Imams removed from flight

Soxy

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
LMAO

Yet our murder rate is higher than almost every major country. We've killed more people in wars than any civilization in history. I guess we could step up the torture and take over a few countries. You would have been great during the crusades. Rape and pillage the NukeClevland way.

If you think this is the same tough as nails America that fought World War 2 and previous wars you're insane. The word is out on us and its right.........you bog us down and play for time and the pussy-whipped American public will start whining and we'll back off.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
I call BS. Give me proof of that. Germans killed 6 million innocent people in one war. I doubt the US has killed that many in all wars combined.

They killed a HELL of a lot more than 6 million. They killed 6 million Jews, probably 20-30 million other Russians. The Eastern front was UNBELIEVABLY bloody.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
And for the most part, I agree. Just be aware what they mean.

I don't see it as apples and oranges at all. I think its a good comparison.

Look. As you said, there is no law against stereotyping, or any other form of bigotry. You want to feel that way, go right ahead. I'm going to see the world otherwise.

One more thing. Don't put this "appeasement" crap on me. I don't want appeasement - I want us to win the war. And I believe the way to do that, the way that actually takes some courage, is to stand up for what is right and not stoop to the level or our enemies. Extremists want us to all be paranoid and fearful, and that is what we are becoming. To me, THAT is appeasement, and it makes me sick.

How is it a good comparison? You're going from a situation with ZERO reason to suspect anything, other than your preconceived notions about an ethnic group, to a situation where people were witnessed acting in strange ways. Two entirely different situations.

And how is that bigotry? It's connected some dots. More often than not you'll probably be wrong. But wasn't one of the major problems, and a major recommendation, after 9/11 that we start becoming a little more serious about the threat that extremists pose? That we start using a little more imagination in how we recognize our vulnerability to attack?

I think your position is BS if you're essentially labeling everyone a racist if they so much as hint of stereotype in their thinking about someone. We should all strive to not be prejudicial in our actions and thoughts about other peoples, but apparently these guys did something to warrant the attention (and reaction) that they got, and it wasn't as if there were merely a handful of people who thought that way. There was a large group of the flight who were concerned.

And personally I don't see this as paranoid and fearful, I see it as people wising up. They're taking note of their surroundings and acting accordingly. Appeasement to extremists would be accepting a future attack is inevitable. If we're all on guard, hopefully it won't be.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
It takes courage all right. Takes courage to see the damn thing through.

America is a nation of soft-ass pussies. A bunch of pussies who have no stomach to fight against a nasty opponent who would like nothing more than to see American cities burning and its citizens in a panic. You are right that extremists want us to be paranoid and fearful and its a lack of committment to exterminate the threat that undermines us. It does so far more than quibbling about rough interrogation techniques or imperceptable "encroachment" upon civil liberties ever could.

Agreed.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
If you think this is the same tough as nails America that fought World War 2 and previous wars you're insane. The word is out on us and its right.........you bog us down and play for time and the pussy-whipped American public will start whining and we'll back off.

Of course killing is the only solution you ever see. LMAO. Kill everyone. :usa

Did you happen to remember the President's approval rating the weeks after the Iraq invasion? It's only when the American public is lied to and the premise for the war is bulls*** that we back down.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 03:45 AM)
Of course killing is the only solution you ever see. LMAO. Kill everyone. :usa

Did you happen to remember the President's approval rating the weeks after the Iraq invasion? It's only when the American public is lied to and the premise for the war is bulls*** that we back down.

The premise behind the war is NOT bulls***, but the pussy-whipped Americans, as Nuke as put it, has listened to 5 years of "BUSH LIED", and now, we're on the verge of getting Vietnamed. I'm so glad we learned our lessons.

How it was packaged may have been bulls***, and our methods of dealing with things since the inital 6 weeks of the war may have been wrong, but the reasons behind it certainly are not. But no one wants to talk about that, because they have let political bigotry get in the way.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
The premise behind the war is NOT bulls***, but the pussy-whipped Americans, as Nuke as put it, has listened to 5 years of "BUSH LIED", and now, we're on the verge of getting Vietnamed. I'm so glad we learned our lessons.

How it was packaged may have been bulls***, and our methods of dealing with things since the inital 6 weeks of the war may have been wrong, but the reasons behind it certainly are not. But no one wants to talk about that, because they have let political bigotry get in the way.

Oh yeah, those WMDs. I forgot

Is this the new Republican mantra, we're all pussies? :lolhitting

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
I call BS. Give me proof of that. Germans killed 6 million innocent people in one war. I doubt the US has killed that many in all wars combined.

it is BS

Balta is right about Russian casualties. I don't know where Texsox got the numbers that suggest the US has killed more people than any other country in History, but he may want to find a new soucre of information.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)
it is BS

Balta is right about Russian casualties. I don't know where Texsox got the numbers that suggest the US has killed more people than any other country in History, but he may want to find a new soucre of information.

Yeah, that struck me as kind of funny considering the Nazi's and Soviets alone killed somewhere on the order of 50 million people between the 2 of them during the 30s and 40s.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
How is it a good comparison? You're going from a situation with ZERO reason to suspect anything, other than your preconceived notions about an ethnic group, to a situation where people were witnessed acting in strange ways. Two entirely different situations.

And how is that bigotry? It's connected some dots. More often than not you'll probably be wrong. But wasn't one of the major problems, and a major recommendation, after 9/11 that we start becoming a little more serious about the threat that extremists pose? That we start using a little more imagination in how we recognize our vulnerability to attack?

I think your position is BS if you're essentially labeling everyone a racist if they so much as hint of stereotype in their thinking about someone. We should all strive to not be prejudicial in our actions and thoughts about other peoples, but apparently these guys did something to warrant the attention (and reaction) that they got, and it wasn't as if there were merely a handful of people who thought that way. There was a large group of the flight who were concerned.

And personally I don't see this as paranoid and fearful, I see it as people wising up. They're taking note of their surroundings and acting accordingly. Appeasement to extremists would be accepting a future attack is inevitable. If we're all on guard, hopefully it won't be.

Agreed.

As I stated early on in this thread, if they broke the rules (i.e. they stood up during taxi or some other time they weren't supposed to), then I'm all for taking them off the plane.

But if that isn't the case, and they were praying, then yeah - I do call that bigotry. You may defend it for being necessary, and I could see that logic, even though I disagree - but it is absolutely bigotry. Just like affirmative action is bigotry, no matter how well-intentioned. And that is where the choice comes in. I choose not to let my opinions of one person in a race/religion/nationality/sexual preference/hair color/city dictate my opinions of another in the same category. You probably see that as a dangerous mindset. But for me, its the way I think I should act.

Maybe that's why I left law enforcement after only a couple years.

The Republicans around here crack me up. Pussies? Americans? :lolhitting why it seems like just three or four years ago that Bush landed on that aircraft carrier with the giant Mission Accomplished banner behind him. Just to prove I'm not a pussy, I am ready for thousands and thousands of more Americans to die in combat. I want blood everywhere. I believe we should invade every planet if it means that no person on this planet is living under a brutal dictator. Only when every last person who wants harm to the US is killed and lays bloodied in the streets will I say enough have died. Then we need to kill their children, and their children's children.

Most Americans understand the difference between a just, necessary war and everything else. Perhaps the lesson to learn here is don't mislead the US public. 90%+ of Americans supported the invasion. It wasn't until the truth started leaking out, until American soldiers stopped upholding the very laws they purported to believe in and want for the Iraqi people that support cratered. Americans are a few steps above the savages that some people here would find endearing. We understand that you can't go to war because someone is using torture on its citizens and then use torture in that war. Some see that as being civilized, some as being pussies. I'll take the higher road.

Did we just become pussies because the Dems are taking over? I like the new campaign strategy for '08. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 08:37 AM)
The Republicans around here crack me up. Pussies? Americans? :lolhitting why it seems like just three or four years ago that Bush landed on that aircraft carrier with the giant Mission Accomplished banner behind him. Just to prove I'm not a pussy, I am ready for thousands and thousands of more Americans to die in combat. I want blood everywhere. I believe we should invade every planet if it means that no person on this planet is living under a brutal dictator. Only when every last person who wants harm to the US is killed and lays bloodied in the streets will I say enough have died. Then we need to kill their children, and their children's children.

Most Americans understand the difference between a just, necessary war and everything else. Perhaps the lesson to learn here is don't mislead the US public. 90%+ of Americans supported the invasion. It wasn't until the truth started leaking out, until American soldiers stopped upholding the very laws they purported to believe in and want for the Iraqi people that support cratered. Americans are a few steps above the savages that some people here would find endearing. We understand that you can't go to war because someone is using torture on its citizens and then use torture in that war. Some see that as being civilized, some as being pussies. I'll take the higher road.

Did we just become pussies because the Dems are taking over? I like the new campaign strategy for '08. :lolhitting

This is not directed at anyone here. But in a general sense, I see things like this: Bleeding Heart Liberal = Pussy.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:37 AM)

whatever, pussy :fight :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 08:37 AM)

Most Americans understand the difference between a just, necessary war and everything else. Perhaps the lesson to learn here is don't mislead the US public. 90%+ of Americans supported the invasion.

We need to clarify why we're calling the country pussies or being soft. I don't think we're talking about our ability or desire to fight a war if the need arises. What I consider Americans weak for is the negative effect of liberalism: that everyone becomes stale and generic creatures without any differences because we're all socially programmed to say and do the same things.

My examples of the Christmas tree or the Victoria Secret display prove this. Another one I heard today was that Rosie ODonnell 'hurt' the Asian community by mocking the Chinese language when she tried to make a joke. There was a 'firestorm' created and NYC councilmen were asking for her to apologize and/or be removed for a show. And why? Because people can't take a joke? Because some people's feelings were hurt? Boo-f***ing-woo. Get over it.

We're a nation of pansies that complains and whines about every little thing we don't like. We expect other people to change their ways when we should instead move away or stop watching. When you take this political correctness crap to its extreme there will be no differences between people. Everyone will be cookie-cutter Americans, pandering to anyone offended by anything. This is why we're a bunch of pussies. We continue to let these soft people rule over us. We continue to appease the incredibly small minority on these issues.

And for the rest of the drivel you write, I'm not even going to take the time to respond. Just keep using hindsight. You'll get real far.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:29 AM)
We need to clarify why we're calling the country pussies or being soft. I don't think we're talking about our ability or desire to fight a war if the need arises. What I consider Americans weak for is the negative effect of liberalism: that everyone becomes stale and generic creatures without any differences because we're all socially programmed to say and do the same things.

My examples of the Christmas tree or the Victoria Secret display prove this. Another one I heard today was that Rosie O’Donnell 'hurt' the Asian community by mocking the Chinese language when she tried to make a joke. There was a 'firestorm' created and NYC councilmen were asking for her to apologize and/or be removed for a show. And why? Because people can't take a joke? Because some people's feelings were hurt? Boo-f***ing-woo. Get over it.

We're a nation of pansies that complains and whines about every little thing we don't like. We expect other people to change their ways when we should instead move away or stop watching. When you take this political correctness crap to its extreme there will be no differences between people. Everyone will be cookie-cutter Americans, pandering to anyone offended by anything. This is why we're a bunch of pussies. We continue to let these soft people rule over us. We continue to appease the incredibly small minority on these issues.

And for the rest of the drivel you write, I'm not even going to take the time to respond. Just keep using hindsight. You'll get real far.

I think most of what you say about PC crap and allowing people's complaints to derail our sense of community is right on target.

But I sort of chuckle at the suppose connection to "liberalism". That's a joke. Liberalism is about freedoms and opportunity, not the things you describe. And if you think that the complainers and law suit filers are somehow more likely to be "liberals", then you have listened to one to many Rush shows. The lack of personal responsibility and generally me-culture is pervasive, and across the political spectrum. Everyone is all about themselves.

How ironic it's pussy liberals that fight to make certain the conservatives could use the word pussy. I know you non pussy conservatives yearn for the cold war days with Leave it to Beaver, no abortions, Christian prayer in schools, no interracial dating, wholesome entertainment on the radio. But those damn pussy liberals stopped all that. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)
How ironic it's pussy liberals that fight to make certain the conservatives could use the word pussy. I know you non pussy conservatives yearn for the cold war days with Leave it to Beaver, no abortions, Christian prayer in schools, no interracial dating, wholesome entertainment on the radio. But those damn pussy liberals stopped all that. :lolhitting

For the record, I respect most of the liberal-leaning folks around here. They are intelligent and insightful. They also seem to be unique in that regard. As for the 1950's - early 60's references you made, I believe that period in time in America is commonly refered to as "Camelot".

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
For the record, I respect most of the liberal-leaning folks around here. They are intelligent and insightful. They also seem to be unique in that regard. As for the 1950's - early 60's references you made, I believe that period in time in America is commonly refered to as "Camelot".

I always thought of Camelot as after Kennedy took office, not in the 50's. Even I am not that old.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
I think most of what you say about PC crap and allowing people's complaints to derail our sense of community is right on target.

But I sort of chuckle at the suppose connection to "liberalism". That's a joke. Liberalism is about freedoms and opportunity, not the things you describe. And if you think that the complainers and law suit filers are somehow more likely to be "liberals", then you have listened to one to many Rush shows. The lack of personal responsibility and generally me-culture is pervasive, and across the political spectrum. Everyone is all about themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness

Most issues dealing with political correctness come from liberal movements.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness

Most issues dealing with political correctness come from liberal movements.

Ah yes, the days when you could call someone a n****r. We certainly have taken a big step backwards. We didn't have to hire someone if we didn't like their religion, color. We could keep our neighborhoods from changing. Damn liberals ruining America for the white folks.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
Not certain of the point.

50s - Donna Reed, "decent" music, etc.

60s - Rebellion, "pussy" etc.

I'd say a late November day in 1963 would be a a good cut off point between Donna Reed and Rebellion.